The Vinyl Thread

1 Like

Lovely. The Princess has been very good to you.

1 Like

You going to record them onto cassettes for the commute ?

I’m blessed…

CD, pal.

One from the back of the box here.

And one from the front of the box.

2 Likes

Just back from a trip to Croco Disc here. Had a good oul splurge on 70s synth music and soundtracks.

An appropriate title for the morning after a general election.

This is an outstanding record. It’s like a memory of a beautiful woman. Perfect.

3 Likes

As an aside, golf correspondent and author Lawrence Donegan played bass guitar on this record.

Brilliant record

2 Likes

And lloyd plays off 4 I think. Grew up on a golfcourse.

Informative rating.

That is a classic. Still holds up to the test of time over 30 years later. Brillant songwriting and wonderful understated playing from the whole crew.
Like you said… Perfect.

This is an actual email I received today. :grinning:

Hi,

We’ve got some bad news for you and some good news.

The bad news first:
Unfortunately, there has been an issue with the QLUSTER - ECHTZEIT vinyl manufacturing. This is why:

When we received the test pressings we noticed some clicking and other disturbing noises – as it turned out this was due to the fact that the stamper in the pressing plant had been working inaccurately.
To be able to deliver the vinyl version in time for the release we agreed to the manufacturing company’s suggestion: they would redo all stamper etc. processes and send us new vinyls.
When we received the new retail versions in time for the release date, we still heard those noises we had complained about beforehand.
As always, it took some time to find out what actually had happened.
What actually happened was: The manufacturing company had simply forgotten to use new stampers. So all the old flaws were there again.
This is of course very annoying – but mistakes are always possible when human beings are involved.

Enough bad news, here are the good ones:
You ordered the vinyl version directly from us, so please send us a photo of the destroyed product (the vinyl should be cleary unplayable … so just break it or whatever) and the manufacturing company will send you a new product at their costs.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we think that this is the best and most efficient way to handle this.
Thank you!

Henning / bureau b

shop // tapete records
tapete records & booking
stahltwiete 10 / D-22761 hamburg / germany
tel. 0049 (0)40 881666-64
fax. 0049 (0)40 881666-22
UST.ID.NR. (VAT. REG.NO.): DE225222946
www.tapeterecords.de

1 Like

New Brian Eno album picked up this morning. Transparent vinyl.

1 Like

Listening to another bit of Eno here.

1 Like

It’s turned up bejaysus. I’m pucking the shite out of it all morning.