The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

You must have been caught for a few Bob by a Mayo man at some stage Harry,youā€™ve an awful set against them.

2 Likes

Given Dublin and Kerry canā€™t meet in the final thereā€™s a soft All-Ireland final place there for some team.

Tyrone or Armagh possibly

It wonā€™t be Armagh anyway and it wonā€™t be Monaghan. Itā€™ll be one from five only.

I think Thereā€™s a strong chance Tyrone or Armagh will end up on same side as Kerry dubs

I heard talk the quarter-final draw might be fixed on a provincial basis, Ulster v Connacht, Connacht v Ulster, Leinster v Munster, Munster v Leinster.

Which would theoretically mean:
Derry v Roscommon/qualifier
Galway v Donegal/qualifier
Dublin v Limerick/qualifier
Kerry v Kildare/qualifier

Anybody know if this is true?

Iā€™d love a Dublin v Limerick quarter-final.

1 Like

How is this not already set in stone,making it up as they go along

Didnā€™t hear ā€¦ itā€™s usually just a draw , no?

There have been occasions where it has been a set draw along provincial lines. I think 2005 and 2006 were fixed in this way.

Then there was that A and B section nonsense in the mid-2010s, I canā€™t even remember how that worked but Iā€™ve a notion there was an element of fix in it.

1 Like

Not true as far as Iā€™m aware, open draw with repeat pairings not allowed

2 Likes

Only repeats from provincial finals canā€™t meet I believe

1 Like

Nope

2 Likes

Mayo v Rossies would be interesting.

GOAT

6 Likes

Rumours emerging about the reason behind Ryan Oā€™Donoghueā€™s absence.

Heā€™s miffed having to give the frees back to COC.

This should be treated with a pinch of salt as rumours about Mayo football tend to be bullshit.

Confirmed

13 Likes

Verified confirmation

Valid point but the day will come where he canā€™t put in those runs, the shooting is off and one or two go astray. They havenā€™t anyone to turn to then to ignite the flame.
Heā€™s been a tremendous servant and comes across as a likeable sort but the words of Dylan Thomasā€™s Do not go gentle into that good night come to mind.

Paddy Durcan
Oisin Mullen

I have a feeling theyā€™ll be more occupied putting out fires than leading recovery charges.
Boyle in his pomp was a mighty man for a few tearing forays into enemy territory in the past.
Odd that the bulk of the more likeable Mayo lads were backs, Boyle, Barrett, Keegan and Durcan.
Then there were the ā€œprone to cock-upā€ merchants, Vaughan, Keane and Cafferkeyā€¦.Gas men.

1 Like