The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

ā€œThe manā€ pays me handsomely.

2 Likes

Management is not about putting something into people. It is about getting something out of people.

Mayo players need to be more introspective and ask themselves why they have failed to get over the line under different regimes.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s some fortune cookie shit right there

ā€œAt around 7.20, Pat and Noel arrived into the Executive meeting. Pat spoke for 15 to 20 minutes, giving a detailed account of the year. When he was finished, he handed the letter of resignation, which the [County Board] secretary read out. As Vincent [Neary] read the letter, I could see some of the Executive getting very emotional, and the tears were running down their faces, and you have to ask ā€˜Why?ā€™ They knew that there was a great mistake being made.

:laughing:

1 Like

:joy:
Whereā€™s that from?

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22966:mayo-gaa-board-chairmans-statement-on-managerial-crisis&catid=14&Itemid=100008

Sam is coming home baby

1 Like

Thereā€™s no one like Mayo folk for getting overconfident despite their failings. The sales of apple tart and sides of ham will go through the roof over the next 3 weeks.

I would doubt that you will find many Mayo supporters that would say they will beat Dublin in 3 weeks time.

HELLOā€¦:kissing::kissing:

1 Like

I understand matters financial were the root of the recent managerial upheaval in Mayo.

Iā€™m all ears, pal.

The two boyos put an end to a source of funding to the players

Go onā€¦

The logistics guy?

1 Like

Following their appointment, Holmes/Connelly received a message from Dublin-based Noel Howley, who had long been associated with Mayo supportersā€™ groups and who had also been involved in much of the organisational logistics during the Horan era. He told the new management that he would undertake any job, big or small.

However, they could not come to an agreement and a parting of the ways followed.

A new logistics operation was put in place, which management were entirely happy with right throughout the year.

Thatā€™s the jist of it but the article was heavily edited.

These Mayo players are an awful shower of cunts.

4 Likes

Buffon had this to say during the week.

ā€œIn my life I havenā€™t lost much, but the defeats have taught me more than victories. When I lose I focus on the skill of my opponents and my mistakes. The correct way is not to look for excuses.

ā€œIā€™ve made endless mistakes, and I still make them, but Iā€™m never ashamed to reveal the reason for my mistakes.ā€

Mayo donā€™t have Buffons, only buffoons.

10 Likes