The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Meath won two All Irelands because of Brian Stafford he kicked everything, Jimmy Keaveney for Dublin because he kicked everything from dead balls, Tony McTague for Offaly, Joe Corcoran from Mayo. Read your history

3 Likes

I think youā€™ll find Stafford missed a number of frees. Keaveney too. As did McTague. And Corcoran from Mayo.

Big blow for Mayo that. Apart from being a snide annoying presence on the field, COC is their free taker, best tackler from midfield up and general go to man. Whatever slim hopes they had on winning Sam probably gone up in smoke and even Connacht would be far from certain. Is Jason Doherty back from injury? Might be the replacement if he is.

Donal Vaughan is a fantastic footballer.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say heā€™s a good tackler. He just happens to get away with murder.

Hence why he said best tackler.

Best fouler would have been the correct term.

I canā€™t stand him but heā€™s very good at slowing down and even standing up opposition backs coming out with the ball. Whether by fair means or foul.

By fouling.

Aye, that would work too. Either way, heā€™s very good at it.

Diarmuid Oā€™Connor will score a bucket load this year.

Heā€™s a great player and the level of hatred for him on here is a load of bollox. It started there a few years ago and all the sheep signed up to it.

2 Likes

He scored 4-09 against Tipperary in the semi final last year.

4-09! To go with being the top scorer in the history of the Championship!

And people are questioning his quality!

Massive blow to Mayo. They have gone from being reasonable contenders to being out of the mix now I think.

4 Likes

How did he get on in the final.

4-09 against Tipperary is part of the reason heā€™s top scorer in Championship football.

Only got the nine points.

4 Likes

How many from play?

9 points in an All Ireland Final.

What a useless bastard.

Youā€™re some clown.

2 Likes

Does the answer make bits of your misrepresentation?

Terrible blow. Mayoā€™s best forward, in the form of his life and a key part of the teams leadership and structure. He sets up so much, defends from the front better than any forward around and has a serious goal scoring ability.

Doherty will be back for Championship apparently but heā€™s not a bulk scorer like Oā€™Connor is.

1 Like