The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Then Jimmy hit him back with 1-4, one goal and four points.

Simply the best at the time.

13 Likes

‘Was it a junior match Jimmy?’

Yes it was, but of course I was a Mayo minor playing up in Croke Park. I was a great footballer and I was as tough as nails.

2 Likes

READ YOUR HISTORY!

Was he a corner back?
No……full back

11 Likes

At the semi final there were grown men standing up on the seats around me openly weeping at the final whistle.

In retrospect, a bit much for a team that had made the semi final plenty of times before. It might have been barely acceptable if Monaghan had beaten Tyrone that time. Barely.

2 Likes

Reliably informed that Ciaran Mc has walked after a falling out with Horan.

Mc wanted O’Shea taken off in the final but Horan didn’t want to know.

You hear anything @Blake ?

Would never have predicted Jimmy would be a fan of Conor Mortimer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Heard the story that McDonald was going ballistic at Horan in the Dublin game about taking O’Shea off (before he was taken off).

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if Horan packs it in. Anger and recrimination seem to be the overriding emotions in Mayo at the moment.

It’s one thing having other selectors leave as in previous years but McDonald leaving is a big deal.

Horan’s “my way or the highway” approach is becoming a serious talking point and forming a cloud above his tenure.

1 Like

Confirmed

That’s the rumour alright, but I haven’t heard it from a reliable source yet. Could be true or could be some pub talk that has taken legs after a bad loss

There will be a winter of bloodletting in Mayo no matter what, there is a serious club feud between Breaffy and everyone else over repeated breaches of competition rules, and a lack of action by the CB. It’s been pent up while the IC team were still in the championship, but the manner of the loss will likely pop the lid off.

1 Like

What are Breaffy at?

Another excuse to keep o Shea on board

Am I the only one who thinks Aidan O’Shea would get on every single county panel in the country?

5 Likes

He’d get on most panels alright

What ones do you not think he’d get on mate ?