The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Of course they’ll come sloping along now to prize Coach Moran away from us on the basis of experience gained. He kept us competitive for all but 53 minutes against Galway in Salthill earlier so looks an obvious candidate. Thanks again to @thedancingbaby for the stat……

1 Like

Is that really true? I don’t follow it closely enough to know. He’s always decent if unspectacular. By way of comparison Connolly was light years ahead of him in terms of talent and yet was outscored by his direct marker Keegan on big occasions multiple times.

The best Mayo bred forward in Croke park yesterday was kicking spinners for Galway.

For some reason they can’t produce that type of forward.

2 Likes

Paddy Durcan seems to have gone backwards. Looked the second coming of Lee Keegan a few years ago

1 Like

Brolly nails it

3 Likes

Odds as of 22:00:

Ray Dempsey 6/5
Mike Solan 3/1
Jim McGuinness 4/1
Maurice Sheridan 6/1
Kevin McStay 10/1
Stephen Rochfore 12/1
Sean Deane 12/1
Malachy O’Rourke 12/1
Andy Moran 14/1
Ciaran McDonald 20/1
Kevin Johnson 20/1
Colm Boyle 20/1
Kevin O’Brien 25/1
John Maugham 33/1
Jim Gavin 50/1
Jimmy Sloyan 150/1
Joe Brolly 150/1
Tim O’Leary 200/1

Why would you say that? You’re not taking the nature of his injury into account.

He is done as an inside forward and probably in general.

2 Likes

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

Mayo went down to Thurlas a few years ago and the locals thought they’d take them because Marty Morrissey and the like said so.

You’ll get over it eventually. Or, better still, maybe you won’t.

1 Like

You fucking eejit

Ha ha ha ha!

I have you now, you thick Tipperary cunt!

Tipperary Football? :joy:

I think it is. He has underscored from play in finals thats for sure. His point to equalise in 2016 was phenomenal. A single moment of incredible quality. He has more often than not struggled to win enough ball and score from play in finals. He’s the main man for the team that have bottled more finals than anyone else and that were lost according to most pundits because their forwards arent good enough.

Himself, AOS and even DOC should toddle along and let fresh blood move forward.

And Hennelly too, the cunt

Nah. They still need them til the other lads are more experienced. And whatever you think of the o connors, they are wily as fuck and dirty as fuck and Mayo dont have enough of that.

I think your reasoning is specious to be honest with you. He’s not the most talented forward by the standards of other counties and he’s in a weaker forward line, he’s at a disadvantage twice. Yet he gets the most out of himself and has shown serious bottle on big occasions. I think he’s an admirable player. I expect he’ll still be in the top six or ten forwards available to mayo next year and should be selected on that basis. I don’t understand the criticism for the guy, especially from outside his county. Again, look at Connolly, regularly outscored as well marked out of the game by Keegan and he supposed to be Dublin’s marquee forward.

Various talented underage teams…. Leave them learn the ropes as opposed to watching elders continually falling in front of them.

Was connolly outscored or marked out of the AI final by Keegan in 2016 when Keegan was sent off (black) for a foul on him?

1 Like

That Mayo team needs to be sliced up and thrown in the ocean. At this point all they are doing is holding Mayo back. The county needs a brand new setup there from top to bottom. They got carried away with being glorious losers in their own eyes and that in the eyes of their even lesser neighbours like Leitrim and Sligo

It’s an awful example for the young lads to be watching or learning from really.