The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Whats the CB issue with McHale?

They weren’t happy with quotes attributed to him in a book about Mayo’s quest for Sam. Think the book was called House of Pain.

Ah you cant beat the GAA and county board types for holding a grudge, its what makes the association great :clap:

4 Likes

Talked to the old man last night when I saw the story. Like myself, he criticized Holmes and Connelly for the mistakes in the two Dublin games, but we both agreed that this sort of shit is ugly. His exact words were “can’t be at that Cork hurler codology”. Important thing now is that they have the sense to resign rather than have an impasse develop, or have an untenable management team. I feel sorry for the two of them, honest Mayo GAA men who were too stubborn at crucial times.

+1 McGuinness has got to go.

1 Like

It is absolutely nothing like the cork situation.mayo are very well looked after.

If the players don’t want you then just walk away, it will never work.players are often just looking for a scape goat and are often clueless in what’s good for them, however once you lose a few influential types then the game is up.

Stephen Rochford is the man for the job

Andy Moran, Tom Parsons and Mark Ronaldson are three other names mentioned out of the seven who supposedly voted in favour of the management.

Andy Moran is by far the most significant name there. Parsons wouldn’t be a huge surprise after becoming a starter this year after barely getting a look in under Horan, Ronaldson similarly.

It would be interesting to see what way Diarmuid O’Connor voted. This management have made him a starter in just his second year out of minor but his brother is one of the leaders of the putsch.

Probably went with whatever way his brother did.

The players who voted no are a horrible shower of cunts and says a lot about the mentality in that group.

You get the impression that Cillian O’Connor has serious notions about himself.

This Mayo team is a bit like Dublin under Pillar Caffrey - trying to make the breakthrough and they should have neutrals support but there is something dislikeable about them. Not all of them but most of them.

The two boys should step aside and save themselves even more grief.

3 Likes

I think they are simply winners and are an extremely focused bunch.

That can often be misiterrupted as having notions. Confidence is like that, people mistake you for cocky.

Happens me all the time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

They’re seasoned losers.

1 Like

No, they’re not.

Holy shit they’re not even marginally close to that cuntishness. You remember this shit dont you?

1 Like

20+ members of the Mayo panel met the county board this evening. The meeting lasted less than 10 minutes

1 Like

Photo of the meeting.

1 Like

Unless they get Jack O’Connor this has been a needless waste of time.

Why?
The 2 lads do seem fairly shite in fairness. They had issues from the word go.
They got rid of 2 vital coaches.

A straightforward Connacht Championship.

Beating the previous year’s defeated All Ireland finalists easily.

Taking the eventual All Ireland winners to a replay.

Not bad for the first year.