The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

FFS Iā€™m on about these lads in their prime.Coc has been finished a few years.

Big Aido has been an incredible servant to Mayo football.Full stop.

7 Likes

I get playing hard & on the edge but I really disliked COCā€™s sneakiness in his prime. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, he duped Conor Lane into giving James McCarthy a first half black card in one AIF by giving a pass then changing his own running line to career into McCarthy & kinda drag McCarthy down with him. Oh thatā€™s a body check, says the ref. It might even have been the final when he missed the free at the end?

2 Likes

Heā€™ll keep chopping wood, collecting water and wondering why the opposition donā€™t have the craic after games together

Look @Spidey your looking at it from a winning teams (GOAT) point of view.Time for Massey to log out

2 Likes

It was the drawn final. It didnā€™t happen like that. Dublin had the ball and Oā€™Connor stood his ground as McCarthy ran into him. Oā€™Connor made the most of it but thatā€™s the game. It was a harsh enough black card especially given a black card meant your game was over at that time but McCarthy gave Conor Lane a decision to make and he made it.

23:15 on this video.

Dermo returned the favour on Keegan in the replay.

2 Likes

He busted Rory o Carroll with an elbow too in the chops but we donā€™t like to go on about it

2 Likes

Eoghan Kerin

1 Like

I stand corrected, I had it arseways alright. Not Oā€™Connor changing his running line to run into McCarthy but COC stepping across to ensure McCarthy ran into him & then staying down. Part of the game maybe & poor officiating too.

COC is clutch lads. Iā€™ll never forget the free he stitched at the end of the 2013 final. Straight over the black spot. Clutch.

2 Likes

Peak Mayo

A quality and very likeable player. Hope to see him back next year.

He is filthy

2 Likes

Pretty poor effort.

Story of Aidoā€™s career

5 Likes

Aidan is a man of integrity who has given great service to his people. Itā€™s fair nasty to equate him to Trump.

1 Like

Well said.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RefComeOn/status/1804137007460872621?t=mdhsZAvboPY84pOqUbqg2Q&s=19

3 Likes