🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

a very reasonable post by Joan here - @MountLeinster lot all seething in their responses & all experts about the drains systems of east cork

I bet @Fagan_ODowd is the type who would keep a pair of galoshes for such events

Nah.

Vindication for the weather guy

3 Likes

??

John is saying lets just adapt isnt good enough, as things get worse we will get to a stage where we cant adapt, data centre guy is saying the same thing tbh (while promoting data centres in his day job)

jesus, poor you, looks miserable

1 Like

But WeatherGuy wasnt saying let’s just adapt. John imagined that argument.

1 Like

yes, i agree , data centre guys comments were reasonable

you were saying John was arguing against putting mitigation measures in place though, was he?

You’d know all about misery :grin::grin:

It’s Midleton

1 Like

Isn’t John a shill for big pharma?

1 Like

relevance?

I can attest to this as an Irish thing. The Meitheal force is strong in us. Having experienced it first hand it is humbling and shows you what people are made of. Some people can really surprise you.

It is horrible to hear of what is what happened in Cork. It brings back terrible memories. River maintenance or lack of, has got to be looked at. While it is not the whole solution it has got to be considered. Fisheries will recover, there are ways of replenishing stocks and I am sure it is much less expensive than the bill at the end of this clean up. Rivers are the natural ways to get water away, everything doesn’t have to be a huge engineering project.

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s relevant if you’re calling the other fella data centre guy

No doubt to be absolutely squandered on shite like solar farms and wolf reserves rather than flood mitigation that will actually make a difference.

It’s sunny and 19 degrees here :person_shrugging: