šŸŒ¬ The Weather Thread part 2

Drive home up the M1 from Sydney this evening. First the rain, the worst Iā€™ve seen in 15 years doing this. Then the bangs. Like the car was under fire. Which it was, from golfball size hailstones.
Shitloads of cars pulled over to the side of the freeway to take cover even though there wasnā€™t any and the rain / hail driving in sideways.
I ploughed on, visibility terrible, huge noise, very very scary tbh. I was shitting myself the windscreen would come in ( a few cars I passed had broken windscreens). Eventually I got out if the storm and Iā€™m driving in bright sunshine.
Sydneyā€™s been hit badly by it this evening. The storm eventually followed me home, the sky blackened, the rain and hail came down, the solar Christmas lights came on as it darkened. Half an hour later bright sunshine and the lights go off.
Dents all over the roof and bonnet of the car, insurance claim tomorrow but I coyls be waiting minths until it can be seen to. A joyful day for the panel beating fraternity of Sydney.
Cc @Chucks_Nwoko

2 Likes

Another apocalyptic day in the harbour city. Iā€™ve had a couple mates who have had windscreens smashed. Like, imagine getting one of those on the lug. Thatā€™s a bad beat on the car. Does fully comp cover hail damage?
It was darkish for me driving home and then that surreal brightness prevailed around 7.30pm in the midst of another downpour.

Yeah the damage is covered but it will take a while to get it done.
Iā€™d just had it fucking serviced and washed as well.

Iā€™m just glad youā€™re okay, @Fitzy.

3 Likes

Stay safe @Fitzy

1 Like

Ignorance is a manā€™s strength.

Me too. Iā€™ve said a few Hail Maryā€™s for him.

I dont know how you do it lads.

Thanks mate. As you know, these are the kind of effects weā€™re going to have to get used to with climate change.

Thereā€™s a quare stretch in the evenings

Tis fierce mild out there for this time of year. Youā€™d be cutting timber in a t-shirt.

1 Like

@Mac
Are you in a 25 degree heat?

I donā€™t think I posted about it but yes I am

Plenty of sun cream on the snout pal.

1 Like

Rudolph the red nosed reindeerā€¦

3 Likes

Happy New Year kid.

And the same to you me oul pal. Weā€™ll have that pint the night before the Wexford Limerick All Ireland

Please God.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

christ

4 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning: