šŸŒ¬ The Weather Thread part 2

Boom

@treatystones How are we looking for The Ploughing? What day should I head along?

Not looking good at all

He could make a few bob with a tractor in the car park in the evening

Money for jam

Thereā€™s the rain now.

1 Like

A balmy 29 degrees here in Bordeaux :sunglasses:

5 Likes

The rain is down for the night.

Winter is here.

I was reading earlier itā€™s going to rain for the next 7 months

It wonā€™t rain Saturday

1 Like

Might have been the weekly edition he was reading ā€¦

Absolute misery out there.

Ploughing and Listowel picked a bad week.

The GAA had the right idea. Sunday would have been the football final in the olden days. An absolute washout.

4 Likes

The old system zealots would want the club only starting now. Go on away and play on a marsh lads. Be grand

10 Likes

ā€œOh the GAA wonā€™t be in the headlines at the end of Septemberā€ they said.

Have they ever heard of Mickey Harte?

Lashing rain here today. The end of summer.

Lads and lassies, ye do be giving out about the weather on here, and moaning and groaning. Count yerselves lucky in Ireland in a lot of ways.
Where I am out foreign, the heatwaves are more frequent and last longer. Itā€™s no fun working in high 30s / early 40s, on a computer inside all day. You canā€™t have the air con on all the time. Itā€™s too hot to sleep, itā€™s too hot to go outside during the day, so all you can do is go out really early or really late. Thatā€™s July and August written off.
Iā€™m not a big fan of lying on a beach all day, but sometimes, thatā€™s the only thing you can do, and even that can get too hot at times, and crowded.
I was back in Ireland a few times during the summer, and while the weather was mixed, it wasnā€™t too hot or too cold. Yeah the humidity is a bitch alright, youā€™d feel it in Ireland in the summer, but youā€™d take it over 2 months of constant high 30s, early 40s.
It hasnā€™t rained here properly for so long, the water reservoirs are emptying. Ireland should be exporting H2O!

4 Likes

We were told to manage our water usage that week it was warm at the start of September. And it had literally rained for 2 months.
We havenā€™t much to spare Iā€™d say. Fuck knows how

All the pipes are old and leaking.