🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

We’re going to have a belter of a first half of the summer. Late May, June and most of July will be savage before getting more unsettled in August

1 Like

One buck said to me today, the moon will see a change alright but it could get worse :joy:

Carlow Weather, who lost all credibility when he confidently announced that last year’s Dublin Marathon would be rain free, is talking about a big storm hitting Ireland on Saturday. What’s your feeling about the potential storm?

Am I right in thinking the South has really got it a lot worse than the West rainfall wise. Unusually so.

North & West whilst getting rain, there doesn’t seem to be as much damage to ground & fodder shortages.

Saturday into Sunday……

Mate it’s a bit insulting to talk about my “feeling”. I only use quantitative not qualitative data. The models are telling me that it’s current track we could be in for a very windy but not overly wet Saturday. The exact timings will depend where you are in the country.

9 Likes

Us grassroots association soccer fans travelling up to the Showgrounds (Sligo) are keeping a close eye on the meteorological reports.

1 Like

Please do not mow your lawn until June at the earliest

1 Like

Why?

For mother nature

That’s because they’re talking out of their holes.

You are so gender determinative

1 Like

Got the grass cut again just before the rain came. :clap::clap:

1 Like

He’s in Killester and well you know it.

Opportune thread bump.

@TreatyStones: Will Raheny Ogra at 10am tomorrow be cancelled & will the BHAA 4-mile race in St Anne’s Park at 11am go ahead?

Indeed. I thought our games would be cancelled tomorrow morning but it seems like my young lad might be taking on @Rocko’s young lad in a local derby

It’s fucking miserable here… Pissing rain all evening and strong winds.

2 Likes

Twas a grand day in Dublin today and a lovely sunny afternoon forecast for tomorrow after a wet start in the morning.

1 Like

Both should be cancelled. Dublin will be getting the worst of it around then. Even if that race went ahead I wouldnt be bothered running it in those conditions.

I believe we are due 3 weeks of good weather(relatively speaking) from next Thursday on. Cc @Carlowweather

2 Likes