🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

In weather like this everything is @Bandage time

Theres nothing to apologise for.

@Horsebox

My office, first thing, tomorrow morning. Or late afternoon if that works?

1 Like

Was it not windy, wet, and generally miserable in Galway tonight? I would love reports. It sounds like a gamechanger.

We rely on you. You’re tarnished now. I’ll be watching you over the next couple of months. Closely.

I know a girl called Elsa
When she blows you better shelter
She brings the wind and rain like a Supersonic train
She don’t make me laugh
Blew down a telegraph
You’re gonna need doctor if you’re on a helicopter
Be sniffin’ in a tissue
Your loved ones gonna miss you
When they find out
People gonna ask you why you travelled out
You need to find a way to kneel down and to pray
But before tomorrow

1 Like

Salthill and Galway received no warning on possible or impending flooding tonight. Met Eireann issued an Orange weather warning at 9.40pm. City Council repeated that warning at 10pm. High Tide was 10.15pm. Too little warning for most people with cars in city car parks along Quincentennial Drive and Prom. Storm Elsa proved dangerous and unpredictable. Emergency services are deployed. Tide is now receding. Roads are re-opening around now but lots of cars have been flooded along the Prom, and elsewhere on coast of Galway. Lots of trees down and other storm damage. We have no business or residential updates to hand just now. Thankfully, as far as we are aware, no one has been injured. Best advice, stay indoors until storm has abated.

“:warning::warning:STORM UPDATE​:warning::warning: Salthill, The Spanish Arch and The Galway Docks are badly flooded. High tide is not forecasted until 23:00 so this will get far worse for homes and businesses in the areas affected. A full emergency response has been issued by The Chief Executive of GCC. https…

TWITTER.COM

Cllr. Eddie Hoare on Twitter

“:warning::warning:STORM UPDATE​:warning::warning: Salthill, The Spanish Arch and The Galway Docks are badly flooded. High tide is not forecasted until 23:00 so this will get far worse for homes and businesses in the areas affected. A full emergency response has been issued by The Chief Executive of GCC. https…

Nearly 1500 posts later we’ve learned

1. @Horsebox is from either Gort or Oranmore

2. It rains a lot in Galway and when it does then Salthill gets flooded

1. @mac can’t count

You’d want your head examined to be parking on the salthill prom in Winter.

Horsebox 10/12/19: Would Met Eireann ever fuck off with their storm warnings. People dont need alerts every time it’s going to be a bit windy in Galway.

Horsebox 18/12/19: Why didnt Met Eireann tell me not to park my car on Salthill Prom at high tide during a storm?

23 Likes

The aftermath of #StormElsa in Galway City. (Video: Joe O’Shaughnessy) https://t.co/XbjOjWETFH

Stay safe @Chucks_Nwoko and @Fitzy, heard on the news that it’s getting a bit hot over in Australia

When I worked in Oz the limit on the site was 33c, once it went above that we were supposed to stop working. I’d say it doesn’t drop below that these days.

By helicopter

That’s an oofty

Classic @Horsebox

The upper limit in Dubai is 50 degrees. The highest official temperature recorded is never above 49 degrees :thinking: