The Weather Thread

Looks like rain @Fitzy. You’ll not have to drop the young lad anywhere this weekend. Get yourself onto a nice high stool somewhere.

Mullaghmore is the same you’d see plenty of *cows on the beach there from time to time
*insert joke here

1 Like

Garryvoe around 4 o’clock today. Savage

Out by UL today

1 Like

I might hit Beale beach tomorrow

I’ll be in Ballybunion unless we get going too late, in which case I’ll probably be in Beale as well :open_mouth:

Ballybunion is a fine beach but there’s a desperate dodgy vibe around the town.

1 Like

It’s dog rough down there at times, particularly bank holiday weekends.

Same with Kilkee, far better off going to Spanish point or Ballyheigue depending on what side of Limerick you’re living.

That’s a beautiful photo pal.[quote=“backinatracksuit, post:4471, topic:8174, full:true”]
Out by UL today

[/quote]

Went to Beale for the beach today. Then on into Ballybunion afterwards.

1 Like

I’ve only been there once and have never before or since seen so many travellers in one place. I observed one traveller gentlemen on the beach that had a massive crucifix tattoo covering his back, hard to miss. A few hours later when we were driving back to limerick we passed a house on the route, two storey that the front door almost opens onto the road. The same fella was holding a toddler against the wall of the house as the child was taking a shite.

Limerick lads complaining that Ballybunion and Kilkee are dog rough. FFS sakes, you couldn’t make it up.

5 Likes

That’s the job, I’d say ye had the place to yourselves.

That’s what you want, quiet beach to yourself like that is unreal.

Who was taking the shite, the toddler or yer man with the crucifix tattoo?

Kilkee has the over-spill from Kilrush, don’t be throwing stones.

Back to rain… i’m delighted tbh. Ive had almost a month of sun and that will do till next year. i hope it pisses now that the kids will be finishing up…great seeing parents driven demented during wet summers.

It’s still splitting the rocks here pal.

Fuck that.

It’s a lovely beach but gets too busy and the town as you say is a kip.

The toddler

“house as the child was taking a shite.”

We did it in reverse. We’re in Balybunion well before 11, overcast at first but became a scorcher, cracking day, absolutely superb lunch in daroka by the playground, second time eating there and it is a really great spot. When we got to beale it was half five and the tide was fully in, very few left and nobody that matched my expectations of @TreatyStones.
I we talking to a local old lad in Balybunion and he reckoned he hadn’t seen the beach as packed in 40 years, it is true that every traveller in Limerick was there today, here’s the lady’s beach around half four while I was enjoying a snow cone.

3 Likes