The Weather Thread

Better than listening to the mother in law I suppose.

3 Likes

We havent had a proper nights frost yet in Limerick. These constant weather warnings are a joke. Bit of black ice this morning was the worst so far driving wise, but it wasnt too bad for the middle of December.

Normally a bit of frost about if you get black ice, mate.

Im not so sure mate, I didnt even have to defrost the car this morning.

Im concious conditions are always worse in Tipp though.

Heavy rain was the issue in West Limerick from what I saw. Was cold alright but nothing like it was further inland last night.

Don’t know what roads you were traveling on in West Limerick this morning but I was told they were treacherous and know a few cars were in ditches.

The roads around here yesterday morning were as bad as I’ve seen for a long time. Except for the national roads of course which were gritted at night and in the morning.

1 Like

An hour of peace listening to the stereo. Bliss.

1 Like

Was that you in the hedge at the turn off for Pallas yesterday morning?

2 Likes

Schools across the UK closed for a second day because of a bit of snow, shambolic.

Looked harmless enough.
Was that you that hit the horses the other night?

Problems at UK airports affecting flights from Dublin too.
The Brits really need to get their act together. A bit of snow and the whole place comes to a standstill.

4 Likes

No,where was that.A neighbour of mine was nearly killed on night by crashing into a horse on the N4 in longford,fuckin thing came straight in through the windscreen.

Tuesday or Wednesday night last week two shetland ponies came up the Pallas road at Hegartys Cross, came onto the N69 and headed towards Kilcornan, a few cars had tried to pin them in but they bolted back the road again towards Kildimo and an on coming car ploughed into them.

Never heard that.Whoever owns them will be in serious bother

Only if they are chipped.

I crashed into a pony years back with a new car and had no comeback. Lucky that it cost me 1400e and none of the 4 people in the car were hurt.
Guards knew the owner and where it escaped from but no proof.

Same thing happened my neighbour,never got a penny out of it

Happened my father and mother years ago, driving back from Clonmel at night a horse jumped up on the bonnet of the fathers Renault 18 and put its hoof clean through the roof between the father and the mother. The car was some sight after it.

You can guess the owner profile.

There is liability on the person from whose care the animal escapes but difficult to prove outside of tagged animals. The guards called a vet and carefully informed me that they were calling the vet and it was not me who called him as I could have had to pay the bill! The vet wanded the pony for an electronic tag but none present.

Motor insurance bureau wont cover an accident with animals.

@anon98850436
just got new tyres on the wife’s car in Johnstown,
its brutally cold up here

1 Like