The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Wrong shovel too.A short handled navvy is your only job

I tagged you out of courtesy not for a fucking lecture you cunt :grinning:

22 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

The lad from the Guardian on Sky Sports News talking about transfers has a microwave in his bedroom.

3 Likes

I’m on route lad don’t panic

2 Likes

London housing market

1 Like

Silence from the group manager since our tete a tete a few months back. If I didn’t get the cable there were a few threats of getting me to go to offices closer to the team which involved a considerable commute. I called his bluff and said no chance. Said I’d be happy to go to my closest office an odd time. No response.

Got an email there saying I have to go to my nearest office once every two weeks. He had to explain to the rest on the team that there was limited availability at my nearest office hence the contrast in requirements. I’d say he’s fucking seething.

It’s been a glorious 3.5 years but it’s looking increasingly likely I’ll need to take a red eye to London for work in a few weeks. I’ve played all sorts of cards to avoid work travel - imaginary pre-arranged/competing meetings, personal appointments, clashes with real &/or pretend holidays, sickness, family commitments.

In some cases I’ve strategically accepted invites for meetings I’d no intention of attending in-person & then sought dial-in/Microsoft Teams details at a very late stage to make it too awkward for them to rearrange the meeting dates.

However, some folks are now wise to my tactics & are determined to pin me down to definite face-to face meetings, as they want to “eyeball” me. Everything is about to change utterly.

10 Likes

It should be fine once your back for your important Friday long ru…I mean important Friday Focus Time

1 Like

I’m saving the World while napping. It’s the future

The mental health card is being used to increase office attendance in our place. Apparently gruff, passive aggressive communications between team members is at an all time high and the cause of this is being put down to people being cooped up in their home office/bedroom and staring at the same 4 walls every day without any personal interactions.

So, an element of kite flying is underway being led by HR e.g. a survey this week seeking your Eircode to determine to dispersal of staff around the country. My superior, who avoids the office if at all possible, has performed a volte face and is now looking forward to meeting people in the office once or twice a month. It wouldn’t bother me heading to Dublin twice a month on the first train from Limerick cc @TreatyStones as it would allow me to visit some Dublin hostelries to get in a few swift pints before the last train home.

8 Likes

Lots of places having another crack at getting people back in now post summer holiday season. Previous attempts around this time of year in ‘21 & ‘22 were stymied by new COVID strains, which gave opportunists the chance to push back. But sure nobody’s keeping track of that stuff anymore so efforts are ramping up. And some senior folk are coming under pressure from directors to justify empty office space too by few accounts.

1 Like

I’m lucky I am taking advantage of EJ Menswear’s latest Instagram offers and replenishing/modernising my office wardrobe in preparation for such an eventuality

2 Likes

I recently went business casual to a meeting where the other attendees bar none were wearing suits.

Unbeaten, unbroken, unbowed.

1 Like

Think of all the future nice pints and nice posts that await you

3 Likes

eh, i also got a similar email this week :astonished:

1 Like

Would you believe I was on the early train this morning. Unfortunately my plans to overnight and worship at a few cathedrals fell through so I’m on the red eye back to Limerick now.

7 Likes

I’d say the red eye to Dublin is jammers mid week with lads going up for their once or twice a week appearance