The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

They’ll have to take my blanket from my cold dead hands

2 Likes

10 Likes

That hairline is starting to come in for you mate

2 Likes

The bastards got me to upgrade to dual screen too.

1 Like

Its a very classy hand tattoo though.

Cheers bud.

Yeah because they’d a decent quality of life on the back of it and will be grateful.

There’s no easy way.

I had a nice feeling of depression logging on at 8.30 this morning but was greeted to just 3 actionable items since last week. We won’t feel it till it’s time of logoff on Friday afternoon, so we won’t.

2 Likes

Not working today myself but received an email about an insurance claim at 9:01 am this morning. Call my cynical but I reckon that email was ready to go earlier than today but was sent from the scratcher when the alarm went off.

2 Likes

The pre-scheduled email is a dangerous tango at times, but has potential to especially go wrong during the post-Christmas/pre-New Years working day. Any colleague will be delighted to hang some Level 1 helpdesk cunt out to dry and I’ve done it myself in the past 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Absolutely no adults are ever happier because their dad earned 100k a year rather than 70k. Actually the opposite I’d imagine

1 Like

Must login on Friday for the day, I’ll be sure to enjoy the afternoon session of the darts in the background with a can or 2…

1 Like

What a phenomenal few days on the 'puter frontlines. Great to have some of my esteemed colleagues sending me messages of the “back to work fear” to my personal cellular device this morning. I hope they get absolutely fucking rinsed on Tuesday and I’ve left a few ticking timebombs on the aul CRM.

We’d a lovely sly email from the CEO warning us that they’ll actually be monitoring the mandatory 3 days a weeks in office from March this morning too. In fairness, I saw it coming and don’t mind it too much, but I certainly will be refusing to go office on Monday or Friday in the spirit of work-life-bal (recovering from hangovers). Our worker’s union are useless cunts too so very little hope for those working in the likes of Belmullet and Kenmare.

3 Likes

3 days a week in office seems excessive, dont be afraid to jump ship if its unmanageable, far more flexible options out there.

2 Likes

Monitoring the 3 days is one thing. Enforcing it is another.

4 Likes

Yep as balbec said I’ve heard of a lot stricter spots in the Irish tech sphere realising they don’t actually have the facilities available to have the whole regional workforce in together, which you can’t avoid with the mandatory 3. I think it’s pie in the sky stuff that’s intended to scare people off so they can reduce headcount. It’ll likely be at the discretion of management.

1 Like

Since Vmware in Ballincollig made 340 people redundant, their new owners broadcom are enforcing 5 days mandatory office attendance on the remainder of staff out there.

Broadcom are cunts. They are also going messing with the VMWare licencing models and trying to steer them towards subscription based.

1 Like

My wife’s niece works for one of the Big 4 in Warsaw. They are demanding that people come to the office at least one day a week as a team. But there isn’t enough office space because they downsized so they’re sitting on top of each other in a meeting room!

Ideal for brainstorming

1 Like