The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Much better day today. No IT issues. A lunchtime run. A little flurry of work while the child was napping and a game of ball on the green there for the last 20 minutes. I’ll log off now in a while very content with my day, whereas others won’t be remotely happy.

3 Likes

Ok guys, I am using some Virtual Office thing through Chrome to access my work desktop on the laptop.

My number pad won’t work in the virtual office thing but works outside of it, the num lock on the keyboard is at the right setting.

This is frustrating me, how do I fix it?

Ta

Fulvio

press num lock when in the office thing, it might actually look off on your keyboard but it will be on inside the app?

Use the number pad on top of the keyboard instead?
Some keyboards don’t have a number pad so it might not be configured to work with one. I’m sure there’s a keyboard setting thingy somewhere to change that too though

Because it’s annoying. I hate using it. I always use the number pad at the side.

This vexes me.

I’m vexed.

1 Like

But that’s not what you used company money to buy according to yourself?
Your company purchase is sitting in the lounge running Netflix

did you try the other suggestion or are you too vexed to accept help at the moment?

Didn’t work pal.

Here’s a hug for you anyway.

:hugs:

:hugs:

ok what’s the name of the “virtual office thingy”

We had an inaugural team quiz earlier, to drive engagement now that people are wfh . I smashed the bastards… 50euro Amazon voucher coming my way… It will probably be worth 10 times that in no time as the world falls apart.

Got it working guys, there was a controls list in the tab of this thing that you had to press num lock on and it now works.

C’mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3 Likes

2, 4, 8, 6 control the forklift remotely.

If you click start and type in osk and hit enter it’ll bring up the onscreen keyboard(hence OSK). Can be helpful with these types of issues.

I get issues like this on my laptop from time to time when there’s a mismatch between an app and the hardware around scroll lock.

2 Likes

I’ve got a Zoom meeting , a Teams meeting, and some TFKing all ongoing at same time. Leaving one Teams meeting to enter another. Fucking hell, I didn’t ever have this many meetings when you could actually see people in the hallway

2 Likes

Some lad actually flushed his jacks while leaving the mic on

2 Likes

Zoom is revealing it has 200 million daily users, up from 10 million daily users in December.

1 Like

Tis an ill wind. I’d never heard of zoom or “house party” till a few weeks ago. I’d been on a teams call a few times alright and I’d have used Skype regularly enough.
Video conferencing is a pain in the hole though. Some disaster trying to explain to some auld lad how to unmute his mic as you are talking to the top of his head while he shouts into the speaker

1 Like

Ah sure some auld fella had the wife come in during one earlier did he want anything back from the shop. She was heading out to get some messages.

1 Like

You’ll have a fair pain in your hole waiting for this lad to drop anything off

1 Like