The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

WFH until Jan at earliest confirmed yesterday. An inevitability. Will be a permanent move soon enough IMO for some as I don’t need to be in office.

It’s good but has a few annoying niggles. Was it only 4 people on screen at any one time at the beginning of the pandemic? Seems to be more now but you’d like to be able to shuffle between the screens like you can on Zoom.

Also, the screen sharing is a pain in the arse for sharing PowerPoint. They need to improve that.

It’s time to invest a few bob in a proper home office.

They tried to do too much too soon with it. Trying to wrap Skype, zoom and slack into a single product.

3x3 video screens came in June. 7x7 by end of August. Since late July your Teams meeting opens in a seperate screen which allows you use other teams fucnctionality during the meeting.

work from home, drink at home, live at home, watch matches at home, FANTASTIC! lets never met a real person again!

10 Likes

I’ve more bovine friends than sapiens mates at the minute.

2 Likes

be thankful mate at least you are alive, you haven’t been killed going to the shop or watching a match in a empty gaa stadium

If you’re WFH long term and don’t have a decent workspace you need your head examined

6 Likes

When you put it that way the pandemic has been great really apart from watching matches at home.

A thinkpad :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

cc @glasagusban

5 Likes

Going to the shop is an inherently risky activity.
More people were killed abroad in that field than in the whole of India.

WFH is too much like work if you’re setting up a proper work space

2 Likes

Something is tingling my spidey-sense of irony there :thinking:

1 Like

In fairness video conferencing was only ever meant to be one feature in a much bigger suite of collaboration tools. With all the integrations being layered on now, it will replace Outlook as an employees default work app.

3 Likes

This will require thought. Around 500sqft. Allocate space for a home gym, an island and a wee attic for storage. You’ll get out for around €30k and you can write it off over 10.
A proper plan should see it funded under something like Leader or the Waking the West scheme.

6 Likes

Teams is great on the phone, I’ve had several meetings while driving on the bluetooth, as long as I wasn’t expected to share anything.

1 Like

Just up from a nap there. Raring for road now

1 Like

Get a rocking chair and have the laptop on your lap like the name intended.