The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

We’ve been told there will be some type of hybrid model. I’ll be pleading the case to allow at least 3 days of remote working.
Allocate Friday for collaboration.

Get the M7 bus up, have a heap of pints, nod along at a few meetings, head back

1 Like

A one liner telling them how much they’ll save on office rent would go a long way towards if you’d imagine

Reading between the lines, everyone will spend some time in the office so it won’t be a cost issue. The argument will be arriving at a minimum level of attendance acceptable to the company, and would that make it feasible to commute from somewhere in Munster occasionally.

Will push the Team Charter angle where those teams who don’t have specific technological requirements to be in the building have maximum flexibility

They’ll need a lot less office space if you don’t have to be there every day #hotdesking

2/3 or 3/2 days on site/offsite is the most likely in the future. Any manager who thinks they can get away with allowing people the odd day WFH once a week is only codding themselves. I’m getting a lot of requests from people now asking if they think it’s ok to give up their city rentals and move back home. I tell them “that’s your call. If you have good internet and can work remotely grand. But a time will come when you may need to be in the office sometimes so be aware of that”. The whole legal and H&S side of things needs to be updated as well.

if this happens en massse, Dublin will be a ghost town.

Dublin is nothing without the culchies

It would be a serious boon to rural Ireland though.

Dublin is done.

be like Christamas every week.

My wife wants to buy a house in Clare and raise a flock of small wristy hurlers in Sixmilebridge. If I can get a 3-2 home to work split it’s feasible

1 Like

the wrong side for the motorway for Dublin is it?

Would you look at somewhere like birdhill and raise a flock of cunts?

4 Likes

They could tog out for Newport then

exactly

One-off houses in the country for all.

I’ve decided I’m not bothered with the “2/3 days in the office every other week” strategy either. It’s not like I actually need to see other people’s spreadsheets in person.

Yeh Killaloe/Ballina was more my line of thinking. Alternatively, Castleconnell/ Lisnagry to lessen the chance of raising cunts

Hybrid working model is the business. A few days at home and a few in the office. The best of both worlds if you like. Even a Dublin ‘based’ job that required the odd overnight stay/pints would be a grand addition when the kids are older.

Microsoft Teams in the phone is another key addition to a balanced farm/working life.

5 Likes

still a fairly high risk in those locations mate

teams and outlook on the phone enables a terrific work life balance as long as you remember to disable notifications at 5.05pm

1 Like

They wouldn’t let a cunt like you into Ballina

Tipp will never turn away a cunt