The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Worse Art, it’s a woman

:man_facepalming:

Our place still seems to be taking a full-time remote/office approach only (some departments are office only) , with no hybrid option proposed. I guess for planning purposes this is an easier approach than trying to figure out the logistics of what a hybrid model would actually mean.

I was told at the start of lockdown and WFH that me being there upset the natural equilibrium of the household

4 Likes

Is this office loving bloke even in management? As in if its a big company, he hardly influences the final decision either way? You seem quite perturbed by this particular individual and his stance on the matter.

tell your missus to mark yerwan’s HR file with TWEP

1 Like

This fella is probably lining up to leave and he is just leaving a big smelly problem for ye to sort out when he is gone! Either that or is an an UUCOAM

1 Like

Wev already been told we won’t be back until March at earliest. I’d say it will be flexible after that with probably some core hours every month that we need to be there for certain meetings.

We’ve a flat structure (eeeuuugghhh). There’s an MD (“the boss”) and then the rest of us have our own little area/patch (eeeuuuggghhh) and are either directors or associate directors. He sees himself as more senior and important than he actually is and his stance irked me alright. Other people wfh shouldn’t affect/hinder his productivity so I thought it was a mighty unsound gesture to essentially try to veto it for everyone.

A v telling exchange indeed

Have you not thought of introducing him to the international business travel thread to scratch that itch ?

That’s half his problem. He wouldn’t be posting on it in a self deprecating, “isn’t all this a load of bollox?” kind of way. He’d be the type that sees himself as a deal maker and very important altogether. Zoom doesn’t work for guys like this. Sometimes you need to meet the other side face to face and “eyeball” them.

He likes some good old fashioned spitballing…

Keep fighting the good cause of WFH buddy. Your Frank Grimes nemesis with eventually crack and make a tool of himself I’m sure

I hope that fucker gets long covid.

1 Like

what a cunt, wfh is better for the planet, call him a planet killing cunt

2 Likes

Are lads still using video on their teams/zoom calls.

I’d only use it now for internal stuff and then at a push. Far less tiring and calls are more productive.

1 Like

If the other person has it on, I put it on out of courtesy, but if they don’t I won’t.

3 Likes

You need to be the thermostat and not the thermometer in your bidniz interactions.

1 Like