The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

I’m still rocking shorts on the school cycle but noticing the chill

2 Likes

shorts are all year round mate

1 Like

WFH 2 days a week but on the other 3 days…

I love nothing more than throwing on the crisp starchy shirt, some stiff chinos, some freshly polished brouges and sitting into the car and out the gate . I’ll stop after 5 mins at the local town for a takeaway coffee and allow the useless townie cunts a few quick glances at my successful disposition and off I’ll go for another 10 minutes to the out farm.

On with the hunters and a quick check of the cattle and back into the car again, another sip of warm coffee and a quick phone call to the ould fella to give him and update on the cattle, he’ll have a heap of jobs lined up and yet again ill reiterate to him… Stick it in the WhatsApp group or it won’t get done. 5 mins later I’m outside my office and the days begins.

That’s living lads.

17 Likes

A staircase return to the office is what’s coming for most lads. That’s what I’m hearing at the C suite coal face.

One day mandated in office a week. Stepped up to two days and then three days. Where it will rest. A landing so to speak.

I’d encourage lads to use staircase/landing nomenclature from now on to describe the next phase of WFH/RTO.

4 Likes

Staircase return is right with the lifts out of order on the lower floors to allow those on the higher floors use them without wider contamination

1 Like

You can get the Covid from using lifts . You can the Covid from holding on the the railing on the stairs. Best stay at home under the bed.

What will happen when someone contracts covid on a mandatory day in the office and ends up pretty sick from it?

I will be sprinting up the middle of the stairs assigned for ascending

1 Like

There may be a step down but we’ll have the handrail of government guidance.

1 Like

Litigation.

Corporate Lawyers are probably drawing up waivers and contract amendments across the board

1 Like

Theresa who turns up to work coughing and spluttering of a normal non pandemic era will need to be taken out and shot in front of staff so an example can be made.

Should be game ball after that.

Or if someone refuses to go into the office out of fear of covid. Genuine or not. I know a few people still awful scared of it.

I don’t think you’ll see the word mandatory used a lot, opens them up to a lot of shit

1 Like

Contact tracing will have been stood down, tough job to prove it was contracted in the office. Then you’d have to add on top of that proving that the employer hadn’t taken suitable steps to reduce risk.

Tough case to prove I’d say.

3 Likes

The employer would have to prove those things too. They’d have to prove why it was mandatory to come to the office when the person had done their job successfully from home for 18 months, and the person avoided covid for that length of time but caught it when back at work

The people in our office I’ve spoken to who are genuinely afraid to come back because of Covid all live in Ashbourne and Greystones and Skerries and the like. Must be something to do with attitudes outside the M50 or something like that.

10 Likes

The employees contract of employment will have a place of work stated in it. You can’t be sued for asking someone to adhere to the terms of their contract of employment (assuming you follow guidance on social distancing etc).

6 Likes

Proper order, its time this charade was ended

2 Likes

The burden of proof would be on the person making the claim, the employee.

No they wouldn’t. That’s nonsense. Once the government guidelines to work remotely are gone an employee can’t sue their employer for asking them to come to work.

2 Likes