The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

there is a difference between asking and telling

No there isn’t. You’re wrong here, just move on.

2 Likes

the hypothetical situation was someone getting covid at work on a mandatory day.

Some amount of corporate bootlickers after outing themselves here

1 Like

If the employee has a contract that states a place of work and the government working remotely guidelines are removed then an employee can’t sue their employer for asking them to come into work. This is basic enough stuff here, you shouldn’t really be struggling with it. You are applying lunatic panic extreme measures to a society returning to normality or as close to normality as possible.

4 Likes

Some of these covid lunatics will have to be dragged out by the hair from under the bed

4 Likes

the hypothetical was catching covid on a mandatory day in work, not asked, told. Feel free to argue the thing you just completely made up.

Prove you caught it at work, prove it was the employer’s fault for not taking reasonable precautions.

I don’t see how you can really, although I’m sure you’re right that some people will try.

Thats all I’m saying. Theyll be sued

Ambulance chasers will push it

I’d say poor auld @Brimmer_Bradley has his heart broke at the moment dealing with cantankerous auld wans about returning to the office.

4 Likes

No doubt he’ll bide his time and then, having lulled them into a false sense of security, he’ll use his superior knowledge of the rules to whip the rug out from under their feet, and so get one over on the old biddies. Again.

2 Likes

What do you mean by mandatory day? If you’re asked by your employer to come into the office and your place of work in your contract is the office and the government working remotely guidelines are in place then what difference do you see between asked and told? If an employer asks an employee to come into the office then it is up to the employee whether they comply with that request.

I didn’t introduce the term mandatory and took it as literal in this hypothetical situation you’re getting your knickers knotted over

You’re still seeing covid ghosts everywhere you cratur

Four years ago I went to work (as my contract of employment stipulated) and caught a cold. I’m going to sue my employer over that. Thanks for prompting me.

4 Likes

How much did your soul cost ?

The middle managers are circling the standing desks

1 Like

The Instagram shots of bars and restaurants and other indoor activities with groups will kill that case quickly.

2 Likes

Fraudsters will be more prepared than that, a few photographs of the distancing breaches at the water-cooler etc

A lot of invertebrates around here. They’d sicken your hole.

Lads who make fraudulent insurance claims don’t tend to have a workplace to attend in my experience.

You must not have much experience then

Happy to see your stats on fraudulent insurance claims from employees.