The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Eh because you’re a home alone man with lots of time on your hands who makes up a pretend family, job and social life for the internet

You’ve nailed it there tbf to you. It’s all about units of time. Will Freeman is the guru.

Okay, thanks for that Pat Falvey.

10 Likes

Did this yesterday after. The old 51-Asador-51 combination after a 12.20pm to 4.40pm stint in the office. There were 5 or 6 of us in yesterday. As @Big_Dan_Campbell said the other day, having flexibility in the time you arrive in on designated office days will be key. I did a long run in the morning, then remained in my short pants (cc @Thomas_Brady) and worked for an hour or so, showered and dressed after that, replied to a few more emails and then hopped on a DART before midday. I was arriving home about this time last night and spent an hour getting violently sick. It must have been the starter.

10 Likes

There’s a bug going round lad. The key thing is to know which end you need to put at the jacks.

2 Likes

Took a stroll up around Baggott St there, its really quiet. The previously bustling Angelinas Deli was completely deserted.

Angelina’s was always a hotspot for recruiters meeting folk who worked in and around Baggot St. An important barometer of economic activity in the city.

People won’t go to the office on wet days anymore clearly.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much it.

First day back in the office today, will give a call to see them around Christmas again.

Nearly nap time

I’m expected to be in 4 days a week. I’ve decided to take Monday as my WFH day. Super cider Sundays will hopefully be making a return in a few weeks.

8 Likes

SOBO, CHQ and IFSC pretty deserted this week. A lot of retail and dining spots closed and not reopening again as signs already up looking for new tenants.

2 Likes

We launched a voluntary RTO programme this week. There are less people in this week than last week. I was also asked if people could bring their dogs to the office.

3 Likes

Tell them to fuck off.

3 Likes

You can chalk that down. That’s the way it’s gone these days though. People have given up their childcare, gotten pets and now are prisoners in their own homes.

A friend of mine closed his cafe at the start of the lockdown. He said a 20% drop in footfall for a couple of months would close his business nevermind what actually happened so he just closed straight away. I presume all of the food businesses in town are being kept open by government support as I can’t imagine they are surviving on their own with probably 90% of their normal weekday customers no longer coming in.