The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Is that the place hidden away in the corner of Mayor Square? I couldn’t ascertain its status for definite. There seemed to be some kind of outdoor eating structure outside the premises but it looked CLOSED.

1 Like

It is indeed. With borlottie and sightings of Cian o Sullivan also gone a while - very hard to justify a trip to that zone of the ifsc from now on

1 Like

Kyoto Asian Street Food was a massive pre-pandemic loss. Some people were excited about Boojum’s arrival but it’s not for me, Clive. Actually I didn’t notice if it was still there.

This is a bit Blindbat Bookcake, but anybody gotten that weird conflicting (post?) pandemic feeling of life seeming to stand still in one sense but a lot happening on the other hand (births, marriages, bereavements, job changes/promotions, new Wexford managers etc)?

Walking around yesterday, I got this surreal feeling as if I’d missed a year and a half of my life and that I was just transported back into the routine of March 2020. Yet since then, I’ve welcomed a son, broken the 25-minute 5km barrier and watched Stephen Kenny gain his first win as Ireland manager (v Andorra).

One of my key life skills is recognising people/faces, remembering where I know them from and then ignoring them and continuing my day. I was walking through Dublin Connolly when I spotted a facilities management employee sweeping up and I remembered him from my work jaunts to and from the DART and how I used to chat to him when he did a similar role in Bank of Ireland years ago. I wondered how life has been for him in these past 18 months but I walked on (cc @peddlerscross).

11 Likes

IT people are very odd.

1 Like

The right-on Richard Chambers and other members of the woke avengers have changed the meaning of that incident if you hadn’t heard. Overmars actually had a great game that day and ran the show creatively for Holland. So, it retrospect, it was possible that Keane’s tackle had the opposite of the desired effect.

I might head in for an hour tomorrow morning to sign a few contracts.

I’d say Chambers doesn’t have much choice to be woke given his Mrs.

1 Like

You couldn’t just DocuSign them?

1 Like

They barely have running water over there.

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning:

Yep, I’d say it’s a big big factor in the persona, alright.

The recipient doesn’t use it.

At least the back office admin workers in BOI who pose as finance workers at the weekend can drop in for their children fillet roles, while wearing their Superdry hoodie over their M&S shirt.

1 Like

A happy Saturday to all of us on the emergency response IT frontlines. We’re absolute credits to our profession.

1 Like

Sickened to announce I was called away from the rubby to do actual work for the last hour and half!

Did you get sorted here? If you didn’t, the IKEA ones are the finest

1 Like

Has anyone erected a garden office space? Thinking of putting one in next year. Any pointers or advice

Are you planning to have it for years and years? i.e. do you own the house and expect to still use it in 20 years or whatever?

If so, then don’t go cheap. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that.

Expect a long lead time to get it installed/built. From anyone decent at least. Don’t trust anyone who can come do it next week.

MIL got a garden room from garden rooms.ie decent job, built to spec. Expensive enough.

Make it big enough for a couch and tv !

Looks like you would be looking at the bones of 10k for anything half decent size and quality wise.