The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Teams is really just Microsoft’s various products all pulled together under one hood.
The chat / vc is Skype, the file structure is sharepoint, the team is just a group.

What’s the whole bollocks with conference calls? Can ye not just bang off a few emails. They seem very needy.

Usually passive aggressive Project Manager types who sign off the conference call with “Have a great weekend” after dumping a fuckload of busywork tasks for you to do on Monday morning. Cunts

1 Like

Could you repost that 10 point WFH outline you had there a week ago. One of my lads wants a peep and I can’t find it. It involves your ideal spacing of emails and generally giving the impression of being flat-out in a witty fashion.
I’ll stand you an epint later. Thx.

1 Like

My life partner was on a conference call yesterday and the VP opened with “hello cool cats and kittens” and then announced their Q2 KPI targets with a drum roll saying “spoiler alert” gleefully. I don’t think anyone is excited to hear that targets are being cut across the board.

1 Like

Here you go mate

1 Like

Zoom is slicker in terms of the video call I would say, but teams is definitely better for bidness

1 Like

I do enough. No more no less. Only a mug would kill himself working for someone else

9 Likes

:tumbler_glass: :beer:

If there’s work to be done I’ll do it, if there isn’t I won’t go looking for it.

1 Like

If there was work in the bed, I’d stay in the bed between the hours of 9 and 5 only

Put down a solid working week. Life partner still incredibly busy (according to her).

We’ve established that “meetings“ have different meanings for each of us. She classes auld internal conference calls/updates where she only has a listening brief as meetings. Disgraceful. Cocooned in the office* listening to these yokes when she could have been downstairs in the crèche.

I digress. These “stacky cups” have been a revelation for less than a tenner on AliExpress.com. He’ll stack them inside each other (see picture), make a tower with them, get them spinning like spinning tops, put them on the floor or tiles and roll them on their side like a young Richard Corsie, fuck them across the room and chase after them. He’ll play with them for ages without getting bored and it allows me to tip away.

*spare room

6 Likes

As a veteran WFHer, I’m sticking to my guns here in that this whole WFH love affair will start wearing thin pretty quickly for a lot of people. Even in an IT world it suits some roles very well and others not at all.

We’re having virtual coffee breaks these past few days. MD came up with the idea for the company but no doubt they’re on the go for a while. Not bad in fairness.
Teams is the best platform in finding. Great button that can fog out your background on it - makes my plain white wall foggy

I usually do some WFH each week and have the flexibility to do so, and I used to be self employed where at least 50% of my work was done from home.

Lads from work were doing virtual beers last night but I declined

2 Likes

I’ve work from home for years, it must be savage hard lads for lads not geared up for it[quote=“PhattPike, post:347, topic:30716, full:true”]

As a veteran WFHer, I’m sticking to my guns here in that this whole WFH love affair will start wearing thin pretty quickly for a lot of people. Even in an IT world it suits some roles very well and others not at all.
[/quote]

that lark gets old fairly fast, like the lads playing the decks on the balconies in Italy, there was videos every day on the internet for the first week, by next week a lot of lads in Ireland will be sitting at home with their heads in their hands, destroyed with depression

1 Like

The Oirish can’t handle the pubs being closed. The lazy Micks thought working from home meant they’d have to do fuckall

alcohol sales should be banned in Ireland at the moment, unless you are a degenerate day time pinter with a doctors note specifying you are allowed 7 cans a day on medical reason

10 Likes