The Wishing You A Merry Christmas Thread - aka The Nice Post Thread

Something always makes me smirk when a woman I know who is now a teacher or another a respected architect were the same ones who drunkenly stumbled around blowing lads off as young teens,I smile at them and their now clueless husbands :slight_smile:

25/26

Gilleece?

I always rode birds around my own age, when I was in school there was one who was 24,but never the other way around. Fairplay pal

FP just schooled you here pal. If you’re explaining you’re losing. Teachers today have a way shitter and tougher deal than those in our day. All your bluster is just that.

I’ll agree to disagree with you pal, the holidays they get are fantastic, and in FP’s case teaching in an affluent school, I couldn’t imagine it’s that tough at all. There is a lot worse jobs he could be doing, granted if your not getting hours that’s another story.

Fair enough. The ‘tough teachers earn respect’ shtick got me going a bit. Teachers have one of the toughest jobs around. Every stress survey has them very high up. While there is a huge difference in teaching in ‘better’ areas, teaching in an affluent school brings a tonne of its own shite.

I probably phrased that wrong pal, One of the lad’s girlfriends was teaching in a “less affluent” school in the Northside of Limerick and she was seriously stressed out from a lot worse then FP referenced. My advice to her was as ignorant as it was to KP, basically I said you have to maintain discipline in the classroom or the kids will run riot. That was my experience in school anyway, if teachers didn’t do that they hadn’t a hope.

We destroyed some poor English teacher, she ran out crying and never came back, poor cunt. Met an old teacher in the market last week and she said she loved the school even tho we gave her hell as well… There’s a point in there somewhere.

What is it?

huh?

I’d like to join the throng and wish all my fellow-forumites a safe, peaceful and happy Christmas. I’ve had many messages of support here over the past months, many indeed from
unexpected sources and in a peculiar way, they meant a lot to me.
I was mistakenly of the opinion that ye’ were in fact all cunts, ** but such is not the case. Anyway, we’ll come out of Connacht next year and all will be well…

Thanks again folks, I hope you all have a good 'un…

** Only a certain %. :wink:

I remember some poor cunt of a student teacher took our French class once a week for a little while when we were in second year. He had absolutely zero control and the class just seemed to smell blood and go after him, just laughing out loud at any attempt to quieten us down. I’d say maybe his third week of doing it, he just ran out as well. Turned out he’d gone and got the maddest bollocks of a teacher in the school, shut us up fairly quickly. We never saw your man again anyway. I used to wonder from time to time whether he ever actually ended up in teaching. I’d hope not to be honest, our school wasn’t really rough at all (all the local ruffians would have gone to the tech) and he couldn’t even come close to coping.

Happy Christmas to every cunt on here anyway, one more day of work and will be getting the train down home on Tuesday morning then. Having nephews and niece around has really given an added element of fun at Christmas at home now too, great time of year.

I love you guys

That Hash must be off the hook.

Incredibly shook, rolling a bow here.

Merry Christmas ye shower of cunts. :clap::pint:

Hi lads. Happy Christmas to ye. :slight_smile:

Hi @Peter G , i have missed you. Hows the old crying going these days?

Happy Christmas all. Tis true what they say, kids make Christmas. Our lad hasn’t a notion what’s going on but the fuss because of him is great.

I love all you cunts :pint: