The Wishing You A Merry Christmas Thread - aka The Nice Post Thread

There was a time and I wouldn’t blink at a gallon of porter and a chaser. These days however the wind would be taken out of my sails fairly lively.

I had a couple of home measures of Brandy at a neighbours house there and I’m plodding around like an amadhan since.

1 Like

All the best to the little man in the morning.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Juh, know that alleyway only too well

1 Like

Got a bottle of Haig Scotch and have started on it now. Should really have a beer chaser first

A door was hardly a wise choice of Christmas present.

3 Likes

Did they sign over the land to you yet?. Jaysus you’re one careful hawk, tipping in and out and " looking out " for them. You crafty fucker.
On the gallons of Porter issue I have a conny tale involving a lazy neighbour known as 4 gallon Mike and his visit for Christmas dinner to a pal years ago…

Nollaig Shona a chara. Keep them neighbours sweet and 2019 might be your year.

2 Likes

As long as something really drastic like losing his finger or losing his finger and subsequently contracting fatal sepsis doesn’t occur, you’ll be thanking for him for years for this.

It’ll be a tremendous story to tell for decades to come and a great fall back story to turn to whenever Christmas conversation goes a bit flat.

I should have given you a shout and you could have come over the border and smashed all the doors in. You nordies love that shit.

5 Likes

Happy Christmas fella. Hope yourself and the family are having a lovely time.

2 Likes

I’ve no business acquiring more land. Ti’s only a noose around a lad these days.

1 Like

Getting a finger made shit of by a door is a rite of passage for any self-respecting young lad.

I had car doors slammed on my fingers when I was six and ten years of age, and yet by 12 I was the number one ranked Subbuteo player in my area.

4 Likes

He’s out courting widows on Christmas day. Sure you couldn’t make it up

1 Like

im reading the Cork Holly Bough here , outstanding

2 Likes

Best of luck to the young lad mate

2 Likes

:dembele:

1 Like

Congrats @Watchyourtoes

1 Like

Congrats mate, never look back.

3 Likes

There’s never any point in looking back

1 Like

True, but surprising the number of people who spend their whole lives at it.

Gary kirbys finger a case in point.

1 Like