Things I learned today (Part 1)

You’d get some gas characters on de bus. #prayforfagan

If I’d known it was @Fagan_ODowd I’d have said hello. Least I can put a face to the e-name now.

12 Likes

Kerry have won 32 matches in a row at minor level dating back to 2013.

Football is their fecking breeding down there.

You sure it wasn’t Gemma Doherty?

2 Likes

1 in 6 adults in England were prescribed anti-depressant medication during 2017-18; 7.3 million people.

Caravan pitches in campsites in Ireland go for thousands every year. A fucking racket.

2 Likes

A mobile home with serviced electricity and plumbing on a decent site cost a pile 20 years ago. God knows how much now.

5 or 6 grand a year I think in Courtown or Ballymoney. A mobile probably costs about 50 or 60 grand to buy and holds no value 10 years later. You’d be as well buying a villa in the canaries which would at least retain some value.

1 Like

I could never get my head round the economics of it. Pal of mine “bought” one in Ballyconeely, I suspect at the instigation of his other half, as its the done thing amongst the galway glitterati. Cost him four grand a year and he used it twice ever. Sold now.

4 Likes

Nail on the head. This fella owned a park. Aside from the absurd rental fees he gets a cut whenever someone sells or buys actual trailers, often from both sides. And he has people lining to give him cash to purchase a pitch. Insane shit altogether

There is a lot of disposable income floating about Ireland. We’ve become a fairly wealthy country.

1 Like

Similar in KIlkee. You have to buy your mobile home off the site owner, as he won’t let you bring your own on site.

I suppose they can do what they want as there are only so many sites available. Lads are prepared to fork out the big bucks to get rid of the wife and kids for the summer. And she’s only too happy to go.

It’s a great setup for the likes of teachers. Off all summer and prick around by the sea for a few months. The majority of them are notoriously tight and would live off a 25 euro shop in Aldi for a week, offering fuck all to the local economy.

9 Likes

Aside from the cost, I just can’t get my head around wanting to leave your perfectly good house to live in a tiny caravan for the summer. You can drive to the beach a few times a week if that’s what you want. Or rent a villa in Spain or somewhere for a month for the price of it

5 Likes

That’s what I can’t figure.

Not to mind the fucking neighbours, my own idea of hell to be honest, same shitty craic over and over

1 Like

I’m sure anyone beside would be less than enthused by the idea either.

1 Like

It would be like being on here.

1 Like

The travellers must be laughing their cocks off at the absurdity of it.

Buying a “mobile” home and paying someone a few grand a year to dock it in the same place for 10 years, never moving it. Using it twice a year to get away from their 250k mortgaged house

While they go willy nilly about the country parking in gates and fellas fields for nothing, and a free house they haven’t paid for and never used available to them.

Riding their cousins and going without a shower, ya they must be laughing.