Things I learned today (Part 2)

One of tommy and hectors first podcasts about lads in the 80s who used to wear those afghan freedom fighter scarves. A popular galway utd chant was ā€œthe muja, the muja, the mujahideenā€.

1 Like

There are 4 lads named Mohammed Bukes on the St Thomasā€™s minor team.

For Galway city, yes. In the county itā€™s Jack (according to the CSO)

1 Like

An average age of 27 them lads too.

Iā€™d say they had to use a fierce amount of question marksšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Havenā€™t got it in letterbox in a while thankfully.

The fake jā€™ournalistā€™ names were gas craic in fairness to the racist fucks.

1 Like

Michael biehn was in Grease

I read this as John Walters and was completely lost for the next few posts

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Hammy Flaherty on the Athenry under-16s.

Antonio Conte is no longer the manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just learned that this second, I had to check that it was true, it was days ago :grinning:

1 Like
6 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0403/1367971-highly-rated-cork-city-youngster-moore-joins-hoffenheim/

I didnā€™t realise that young lads canā€™t go on apprenticeship to England any more since Brexit. Well not until they are 18. Explains why so many of them seem to be going to Germany and Italy now.

Is this fellow any good @Corksfinedtboy?

1 Like

Yeah heā€™s from my local club Carrigaline
Lately CCFC
Yes heā€™s v good

2 Likes

Cork City have confirmed that talented youngster Matthew Moore has signed for Hoffenheim.

The midfielder will join the Bundesliga side in July after the two clubs agreed a undisclosed compensation package in line with FIFA regulations, which also ensures future benefits for City as his career develops.

The Ireland Under 16 captain joined the Rebel Army from Carrigaline United at U14 level and has impressed at both club and international ever since, culminating in this transfer to the German top flight.

ā€œThis is a really good opportunity for Matthew, and we are pleased with how the discussions between the two clubs have progressed also," Cityā€™s Head of Academy, Liam Kearney told the clubā€™s official website.

"We have had a very positive and professional dialogue with Hoffenheim, and we are pleased with the outcome.

2 Likes

You werenā€™t long coming up with the official statement. Great work - reads well.

1 Like

Copy n paste :crown:
Great to see our young talent getting a chance

Alistair Campbell and Gary Lineker went to the same school, albeit 3 years apart.

1 Like

5K a day.

Wall St in New York takes it name from a wall the Dutch built where the street now runs. They built it to keep out the British when the Netherlands first occupied what was then called New Amsterdam (it didnā€™t work).

2 Likes