Things I learned today (Part 2)

Itā€™s open since they painted the stand and fitted lightbulbs in the toilets, five or six ago now i suppose.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/simonmaechling/status/1767143528029700281?t=Vc-00NY0R6Qplbr-hwgNOg&s=19

Billie Eilish isnā€™t English, always presumed she was.

Carrots used to be purple

@Ceist and @Cheasty are the same person/place/thing/unit. Iā€™m not sure what the correct word is but they are the same.

RIP.

4 Likes

RIP. Never met the man but he did a lot of people a lot of good. May he ease out peopleā€™s knocks in heaven.

Legend. RIP

RIP Danny. One of lifeā€™s gentlemen. He was a good age but still very tough for the family so soon after Olivia.

Iā€™m not a horse racing man but I heard it remarked earlier that itā€™s 30 years to the day since Danoli won the Sun Alliance Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham.

The farm where Malcolm McArthurā€™s murder victim Bridie Gargan grew up, and where her family lived at the time of her murder, was formerly owned by Charlie Haugheyā€™s parents and was where a young Haughey spent some of his childhood.

1 Like

wales is a european country

The chasing pack (Kilkenny, Galway, Cork, Tipperary, Clare, etc.) are even further away from Limerick than they were three years ago.

2 Likes

Surprised it took you until today to realise that

1 Like

I think heā€™s looking for a bite

Hurling men like yourself and myself were saying Limerick will probably win 7 in a row. Maybe we underestimated that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some of their own have no faith in them. Itā€™s weird

The Titanic was only half full on her faithful maiden voyage.

4 Likes

The poor passengers hadnā€™t a prayer.

1 Like

The actor who Gary Oldman shouted ā€œEveryonnnne!ā€ at in this scene, Keith Glascoe, was also a fireman with the NYFD. He died on 9/11 when the South Tower collapsed.

1 Like

The Unkillable Soldier was of part Irish stock, retired to Aghinagh parish just outside Macroom, Co Cork and is buried there at Aghinagh House.

Adrian Carton de Wiart: The story of the unkillable soldier - West Cork People.