Things I learned today (Part 2)

I think that it is time we invaded the west of England plus Wales and took back our heritage of the dark ages. It is the right thing to do, bring civilization and learning back to a godforsaken land.

1 Like

We used to own Cornwall at one stage

It was part of Wexford.

1 Like

Theyā€™re would be a good travel book in that. Englandā€™s Top, Top Shit Cities and Towns Guide.

At least it has a beach. Iā€™m Google mapping this place now. By God.

1 Like

Itā€™s an absolute, utter shithole.

1 Like

Young lads donā€™t wear shin guards hurling anymore because ā€œthereā€™s never any pullingā€

Thereā€™s already a book.
Stockport was number 1.
Was funny.
Stockport is now being renovated. Iā€™d probably move there if I was trying to start out over here.
Didsbury used be where young professional couples would move, two teachers and the like. Youā€™d get a decent terrace for 100k back when two teachers would earn about 45 between them.
Itā€™d be 700k now and the two teachers earning 60 between them.
Itā€™s not right.

1 Like

Plenty of pulling. Youā€™d need arm guards.

The hurl makers are going out of business. I havenā€™t seen a hurl broke in years.

They hardly need Hurleys now. A rooting stick would do them

And a grappling hook.

The St. Ives and St. Piranā€™s Penzance clubs backboned Wexfordā€™s four in a row football All-Ireland from 1915 to 1918. Cornwall lost interest in Gaelic football after that and so Wexford became a hurling county.

Cornwall looks like a lovely place to visit.

2 Likes

It is. Only downside is getting a parking spot in some of the busier villages is difficult in high summer.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much all over the world as far as I can see.

Aer Lingus used to fly to Newquay. Some great spots there on the way to St Ives.

The clotted cream :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

Thereā€™s talks of a boat going from Swansea to Cornwall, thatā€™d be a big game changer. Got one from Rosslare would be even better.

4 Likes

Tumbleweeds are not native to North America, they are a Russian import.

They blew over that day Sarah Palin could see Russia from her garden.

1 Like