Things I learned today (Part 2)

Boylan’s mother wouldn’t have been born too far away from @farmerinthecity

1 Like

Are you from out that way? My aunt’s late husband was a Drangan man. Played football for Tipp (and Munster). His own brother passed away last week in his 90s.

Despite being adverse to Meath I always liked Sean Boylan.

Much more so than the other Meath great who was actually born close by to Sean’s mother.

Luke Kelly and Ann Lovett died on the same day.

2 Likes

He was president St Patricks club, massive funeral, not from Drangan but close enough. The amount of people who stopped on the road looking for directions to the bonesetter when I was a young lad was unreal, from all over the world.

1 Like

Geoghegan?

Edit: Star is still alive…

Yeah, my auld lad headed to it. He’d have known all the Gleesons well. Said it was a big one alright.

1 Like

As you probably know Mary Wilson is from Drangan also, before she moved to Dublin.

She’d be a niece of the man who died last week.

3 Likes

My oul lad went to him in the late 90s for his back. Never had an issue after that. And it had plagued him for years.

1 Like

Think he’s still alive. He’d be about 93 now at least. My father brought calves up to him a few times to be healed.

Never heard a bad word said about him.

Kelly’s father, who was also named Luke, was wounded as a child when a detachment of soldiers from the King’s Own Scottish Borderers opened fire on a Dublin crowd on 26 July 1914 in what became known as the Bachelor’s Walk massacre

17 Likes

Is that why he had a husky voice?

That was his school days over

1 Like

TBF, most people from Drangan are related.

2 Likes

No, Luke Kellys father, Luke Snr.

1 Like

Things some places have in common with Callan…

1 Like

A nasty comment from @Locke

sure what would you expect from a KK man whos gone full cark