Things I learned today (Part 2)

Feck off. He’s from adamstown

From Adamstown.

Lives in Gorey.

By beating Ipswich Town, Maidstone United became the first club from outside of the top five divisions of English football to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup since 1977-78 when Blyth Spartans achieved the feat.

The stats from the tie at Portman Road, make Maidstone’s victory even more incredible. Ipswich ended the game with 78% possession, 38 shots on goal and 13 on target, compared to Maidstone’s two. However, it was the Stones who emerged victorious, showing the beauty of the FA Cup

Hypothetically, if you were to accumulate all Maidstone’s odds from their FA Cup wins this season (bar against Steyning) you would get a staggering 4690/1 odds accumulator.

Jude Bellingham has now scored as many goals in La Liga (20) as David Beckham did.
Only difference is Bellingham has done it in 29 games.
It took Beckham 155 games.

That is utterly off the charts.

1 Like

Beckham was bought to sell replica shirts,and that he did.

Fucking English are going to win something soon. They have an unreal team with Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Stones, Saka, 15 right backs etc etc.

Luckily Gareth will pick Henderson and Maguire.

They’ve no keeper either thank fuck.

5 Likes

TBF he ended up as a defensive midfielder for a lot of his time there.

I thought they wouldn’t as no real natural leaders but Bellingham is the dogs bollox. Kane might be their downfall though - might not have legs

1 Like

He’s carry a team on his back good. And they have a serious supporting cast.

Not many great international teams out there either. The French are our only hope.

Dino hands in goals and Maguire centre back might prove their downfall against the absolute elite teams

They’ll need plenty of luck as any team does, but they are mightily set and have the ever man in charge in Southgate

Lads can we whisper it? Is it coming home?

2 Likes

Actually they have a few, but Southgate keeps picking the TRex

Best thread on TFK gents.

On England, the way Southgate has set it up they are bound to win something. Herself has worked with the FA on some research for the past 4/5 years. The players absolutely love him and what he’s done in the background is impressive. He won’t be a club manager after I reckon

2 Likes

England / Ireland double for next soccer / rugby world cups

Bellingham is different gravy . He was at Madrid a wet week and you could see him already barking at teammates. If he stays injury free he’s on course to go down as an all time great.

3 Likes

France have a better squad than England and, when push comes to shove, they’ll beat England. They always do when it matters.

England are surely a bit like Limerick.
They’ll win it sooner than later.
They just have to.

(And also) then the rest of us will never hear the end of it

5 Likes

Not to sound all John Giles, but I think England are weak in midfield. Jordan Henderson is shit (and a moral coward), Kalvin Phillips is shit. They’ll end up playing Bellingham further back, ruining his threat and their midfield in the process

1 Like

Rice and Bellingham is not a shit mid field

1 Like