Things I learned today (Part 2)

There are several reasons. Aside from being located to most efficiently “collect” wind, they are also placed far apart so that in the event that one falls over (or even worse, if a blade comes off and is launched away from the tower), no other towers are impacted. They are also placed to avoid buildings, roads, utilities, parking lots, etc. Other factors that influence the placement of the turbines include easement/property limits, and potential environmental impacts such as wetlands, and flight paths of bats and migratory birds.

Copy and paste…

I was being facetious :grin:

On a serious note,I believe theres a massive wind farm after getting the go ahead up mountain view direction in Ballyhale.
A few locals,Henry included,were a day late in their objections and the powers that be told them basically"tough shite lads" and wouldnt hear their case due to the lateness of their submissions.Someone correct me if im wrong on this.

Its lovely up there and I personally wouldnt blame them for getting pissed off.They are a fookin eyesore and the hum off them is fairly loud,by all accounts.

Yes. If you wrap it in 5 grand in cash

1 Like

Id say the J&J one in limerick may be bigger

Fuxk up

1 Like

Yep, and both bigger than any you’d find on a farm here.

Armenia was the first Christian nation.

Karius is at Newcastle

They ought to be clustered more imho. They should be zoned. I quite like them but not stretched across the horizon of a beautiful landscape.

Putting them out to sea seems to be a compromise. It ticks a lot of boxes.

1 Like

Agree absolutely, but Connemara looks like it has a nasty skin condition these days.

I haven’t been up there in years. So I had a google.

Did you know about this?

https://www.sserenewables.com/communities/community-fund-locations/ireland/galway-wind-park/

They’ll pay for Hoppers education.

I think I stayed in your vacinity over the weekend, near Salthill Devon?
The whole place is scarred with these monsters. WoTWs shit

Yes right near there. It’s really short sighted. Just needs zoning so they are clustered (or offshore, Galway bay isn’t that deep)

1 Like

There is a village in Fermanagh called Ederney and there is a Gaelic Football pitch there.

1 Like

Lovely little stand in fairness.

4 Likes

There’s a difference between porter and stout

Towns/cities primarily in the northern half of the island

1 Like

The halfway point of the UK in north-south terms is in Northumberland.

Only 2 of those 40 places are north of that point.

I would classify 11 of the 40 as Southern England, 18 as Northern England, 6 as the Midlands of England, with 3 in Wales. Seems fairly well spread out to me although I couldn’t help notice Northern Ireland didn’t feature, perhaps because the makers of the list didn’t know it’s part of the UK.

Surprising Dublin didn’t make the top 10.

2 Likes