Things I learned today (Part 2)

And Cork

3 Likes

Northern half of England is what I meant to say.

Stoke needs to be higher up that list.

1 Like

Wigan is a grand spot

Especially on a Tuesday night when the weather is inclement

1 Like

I have been to 25 of the towns on that list, Iā€™d say Middlesbrough is way too high and Dewsbury way too low. Drogheda is the only reasonable size town Iā€™ve been to in Ireland so far that would be competitive in that company.

1 Like

Dundee is a nice university town.

Never been to place worse than Milton Keynes.

1 Like

I think Drogheda is a grand town. Certainly a lot better than Dundalk.

Luton should be on the list, itā€™s grim and rough.

IMG_7627

Although Chester play in the sixth tier of the English league, their Deva Stadium pitch is entirely within Flintshire, Wales. The stadiumā€™s car park, main entrance, some offices, and its postal address are in England.

3 Likes

Itā€™s No6 MATE

2 Likes

Used to fly in there a good bit visiting an elderly relative (will secured but very modest) and would usually rent a car straight at the airport and leave. Went in there the last time looking for a bite to eat. Horrific

Itā€™s#6

1 Like

Theyā€™ve never recovered from Chicken George closing and moving to Hitchins

I go to Dundalk fairly regularly, I quite like it. West St in Drogheda on the other hand is the worst main street Iā€™ve stood on in Ireland, closed up buildings, charity shops, and a far bigger number of addicts than in any comparable sized town. The Tesco there is the exact type of awful spot you might find in some of them UK towns. Maybe it has changed since but I swore the last time I was there would be my final visit to the place.

1 Like

Does it have a Witherspoonā€™s?

Julius Ceasar had to introduce a 445 day year back in the day to make up for all the previously unobserved Leap Years.

If we didnā€™t make adjustments for the leap days then our calendars would get out of sync with our seasons. After 100 years the calendar would be off by about 25 days. After about 750 years, those living in the northern hemisphere would be celebrating Christmas in the middle of summer and Valentineā€™s day in the autumn. And that just wouldnā€™t do. Indeed, this lack of alignment between the civic and solar calendars was what prompted Caesar to add in the leap day in the first place, as well as introducing a 445-day year in 46BC to correct the months-long lag that had built up.

2 Likes

all that work and he still didnt avoid the ides of march

@myboyblue experiences one of them every time Dublin win an all ireland.

1 Like

Did you remove your tweet yet from poor aul Shane Currans replies?