Things I learned today (Part 2)

Crumlin United successfully initiated a landmark appeal to FIFA in February 2004 in order to receive compensation for the development of Robbie Keane as a schoolboy. The case, though supported by the FAI, was opposed by the FA, the Premier League and the Football League. The compensation of €126,000 from Tottenham Hotspur, enabled Crumlin to construct a new all-weather floodlit pitch.

2 Likes

There’s a car park at the back of Cusack Park in Ennis. I suppose there had to be one really. Someplace for the players and big-wigs to park their cages.

I walked out the back way for the first time there yesterday. It’s very close to the town. I always went in and out at the other end. The south side I suppose.

It’s a public car-park on non matchdays, they’ve a joint enterprise going with the council now to formally develop it. Handy revenue. That area was full of knotweed before they cleared it.

2 Likes

So it’s only there a short while?
Looked like fresh hardcore alright.

It’s open since they painted the stand and fitted lightbulbs in the toilets, five or six ago now i suppose.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/simonmaechling/status/1767143528029700281?t=Vc-00NY0R6Qplbr-hwgNOg&s=19

Billie Eilish isn’t English, always presumed she was.

Carrots used to be purple

@Ceist and @Cheasty are the same person/place/thing/unit. I’m not sure what the correct word is but they are the same.

RIP.

4 Likes

RIP. Never met the man but he did a lot of people a lot of good. May he ease out people’s knocks in heaven.

Legend. RIP

RIP Danny. One of life’s gentlemen. He was a good age but still very tough for the family so soon after Olivia.

I’m not a horse racing man but I heard it remarked earlier that it’s 30 years to the day since Danoli won the Sun Alliance Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham.

The farm where Malcolm McArthur’s murder victim Bridie Gargan grew up, and where her family lived at the time of her murder, was formerly owned by Charlie Haughey’s parents and was where a young Haughey spent some of his childhood.

1 Like

wales is a european country

The chasing pack (Kilkenny, Galway, Cork, Tipperary, Clare, etc.) are even further away from Limerick than they were three years ago.

2 Likes

Surprised it took you until today to realise that

1 Like

I think he’s looking for a bite

Hurling men like yourself and myself were saying Limerick will probably win 7 in a row. Maybe we underestimated that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some of their own have no faith in them. It’s weird