Things I learned today (Part 2)

Iā€™d never once thought about his ability and just assumed he was a very good goal keeper

A fella called Barry McCambridge plays for Armagh and is nominee for POTY

7 Likes

We learn something new everyday.

The game is brown bread if a fella like him is getting a nomination

6 Likes

Heā€™ll get more than a nomination, heā€™ll win it. Nobody ever heard of him before the Roscommon game. An awful reflection on football if/when he wins it.

Have you ever heard of Michael Dara Macauley?

3 Likes

No whatā€™s his soda bread like?

1 Like

Soggy

Andy Carroll is plying his trade with Bordeaux

4 Likes

Andy Caroll is still playing football

Thatā€™s the new Bordeaux. Post-collapse. In the fourth tier of French football

1 Like

Fair play to him either way.
Still banging away at 35ā€¦

1 Like

I love these random transfers where players have obviously moved for an ā€œexperienceā€, to ā€œfind themselvesā€ as a human.

Dimitri Payet formerly of Marseille, West Ham and France is now a central figure at Vasco Da Gama in Rio.

Playing for Bordeaux in the fourth tier of French football at the age of 35 is living the dream. Big club, shit standard, and youā€™re living in Bordeaux.

The Tony Cascarino dream.

How much more fulfilling would Cristiano Ronaldoā€™s life be if he had moved to Newellā€™s Old Boys rather than Saudi Arabia? It would have been the ultimate face move in a life lived as a heel.

2 Likes

35 million quid.

Championship clubs are spending that now.

1 Like

Are they? I thought the Championship record transfer was well below Ā£20m

You had to stick your nose in.

I actually thought that Villa bought Ollie Watkins when still in the Championship.

1 Like

Apology accepted

1 Like

The FFP or whatever the equivalent is in the Championship is so stringent that no club could afford to go anywhere close to those amounts unless they hada 60,000 stadium that was full every week.

The Saudis have a national anthem.