Things I learned today (Part 2)

He’ll make an impact in both boxes and in the nightclub. Shrewd signing.

He’ll be a big hit down at the Frog and Rosbif.

Arsenal haven’t won the league cup for almost 32 years and counting. The last one coming in 1993. Mad to think in an era where the same 5 teams share the vast majority of trophies.

Wenger was the first manager to show it the disdain it deserved.

3 Likes

Was that the time Adams dropped steve morrow on his head breaking his arm

1 Like

They won a shed load of Rumbelows Cups in late 80s early 90s

That’ll be like a siren call to @Manuel_Zelaya

They won no Littlewoods Cup in 1988

1 Like

Correct. Morrow missed the FA Cup final because of that. Arsenal bate Sheffield Wednesday in both finals that year.

The most recent such double is Liverpool beating Chelsea in both cup finals in 2022.

An epic day for the Hatters I’d say

1 Like

It’s all we have

1 Like

Luton v Arsenal 1988 might be the greatest domestic Cup Final ever played. I did not see it live as I was attending Ye Olde National Hurling League Cup Final at Croke Park between Tipperary and Offaly.

It was one of a string of giant killing Wembley Cup Finals of the second half of the 1980s, with Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the 1988 FA Cup Final, Arsenal beating Liverpool in the 1987 Littlewoods Cup Final, Coventry beating Spurs in the 1987 FA Cup Final and Manchester United beating Everton in the 1985 FA Cup Final.

Was that the one with big Mick Hartford wearing the headband (as made fashionable by Willie Joe in 89)?

I think you’re thinking of Steve Foster?

That the wardrobe team at Virgin news havent much of an eye to detail this evening

Somebody was wearing a head band,I was sure it was Hartford,the league cup finals around that late 80s early 90s were unreal.Everything before the PL was better tbf.

Not a good look tbf

Cabra’s Ashley Grimes’s finest hour - helped redeem him from his arrest for high jinks on a stolen scooter when on a Man U pre-season tour to Jamaica a couple of years previously.

2 Likes

The Gus Caesar final made famous by Fever Pitch.

4 Likes

His cross set up the last minute winner