Things I learned today (Part 2)

God bless Sound and Vision funding!

1 Like

I got a few quid from it myself in the past :smile:

1 Like

Yep. Dont like the hamster wheel and insecurity of it but its kept more than a few people going too!

There were a few years where it accounted for about 70%+ of my income.

1 Like

That’s the Deep Sinking - hope your bike was in one piece after. Was a great walk route during covid. Gonna take yonks to sort greenway along there. Plans are to switch it to the other side of the canal for a stretch.

1 Like

Its absolutely savage. We dropped the berlingo at confey station and cycled to dromcondra along the canal. Had already done a high stretch of very bumpy track jist before coolmine station. It was pissing rain so we decided the smart move was to get off and go round till the start of the track proper. Missed about 1.5km i reckon. Is that stretch all overgrown dirt track?

1 Like

Yep, I’ve been involved in a good few projects out of it at this stage. And a heap of others that never made it! Still get the oul text every now and then from someone looking to throw the name on an application.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much from there to castleknock station. It’s a proper wild oasis though in the middle of suburbia. I may or may not have had several snakebites there as a teenager.

1 Like

Great spot for it. We’d to take shelter under one of the bridges further up and disturbed a few young lads out for their sunday afternoon toke…

2 Likes

Did you partake?

1 Like

No. A wry grin sufficed for me. I looked my younger self in the eye and was happy with my current lot.

2 Likes

Maybe I knew this and completely forgot it but I didn’t know Jack Chambers was Minister for Finance until this morning

I thought it was that Lipsy ballbag Paschal

Ben Dunne was from Cork. I always assumed he was a South Dublin cunt rather than a Cork one.

Ben Dunne was brought up about 150 yards from my childhood home

The mother (Mrs Dunne) was very well got in the area

1 Like

Supersonic means faster than the speed of sound, while hypersonic means specifically five times faster than the speed of sound.

Therefore, all hypersonic speeds are also supersonic, but something supersonic is not necessarily hypersonic.

The Seed Vault safeguards duplicates of 1,301,397 seed samples from almost every country globally, with room for millions more. Its purpose is to back up genebank collections to secure the foundation of our future food supply.

https://www.croptrust.org/work/svalbard-global-seed-vault/

1 Like

It doesn’t say if it’s bigger than the Kew project so I had a search.
Looks like they both have their limitations.
No harm having two I suppose…