Things I learned today (Part 2)

Nope. ā‚¬60 for the basic one. ā‚¬69 for the max

ā‚¬32 for the max in UK prime deal.

Former RTE journalist David Davin-Power appeared as an uncredited extra in the 1970 Gene Wilder film 'Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronxā€™

11 Likes

That may be the single most pointless, useless and uninteresting piece of information ever posted here.

2 Likes

Good thing then the thread isnā€™t called ā€œPointless, useless and uninteresting pieces of informationā€ :grin:

4 Likes

Wow.

Very interesting.

That is mad. I misread Gene Wilder as Gene Hackman there initially and had a completely different kind of film in mind.

Lemons float. Limes sink. Both in water

1 Like

Was wondering where Iā€™d seen him before

10 Likes

My aul lad used to say ā€˜Quinton fortune has a cousin in the Bronxā€™ whenever heā€™d watch man united play in the noughties. Never knew why at the time.

3 Likes

Is that a wig? Iā€™ve had auld relatives trying to convince me that it was a wig one night watching the news but I reckoned it was somewhat natural. Maybe dyed.

I thought he was one of the Johnson clan in Rock Ridge!

Bitterness is good :+1:

1 Like

No chance.

Outstanding!

1 Like

Wow - thatā€™s fascinating.

1 Like

Thatā€™s sone work mate, your interjection has really caught the imagination
Puppet master extraordinaire :clap::clap:

In winter in Granada, you can go skiiing in the morning, and be sunbathing on the mediterranean coast in the afternoon! Now though!

2 Likes

Last month Canada and Denmark both doubled the amount of countries each border by agreeing to split Hans Island.

Informative. The whiskey war!

In 1984, Canadian soldiers ā€œprovokedā€ Denmark by planting its flag on the island and leaving a bottle of Canadian whisky.[4] The Danish Minister of Greenland Affairs came to the island himself the same year with the Danish flag, a bottle of Cognac, and a letter stating ā€œWelcome to the Danish Islandā€ (Velkommen til den danske Ćø).[5][6][7] The two countries proceeded to take turns planting their flags on the island and exchanging alcoholic beverages. The flags were folded properly and respectfully. There have also been Google ads used to ā€œpromote their claimsā€.[8] Despite the seriousness, it has all been done in a friendly manner.