Things I learned today (Part 2)

No that was Broderick. That lad was magic at times.

1 Like

He did, never showed the scoring power of underage. That game against Galway where himself and Farragher did wreck was some game.

John Lee was a big one from when I was young. Probably most notable for Waterford lads laughing at how fat he was coming on against them in Thurles back in 2011. He’s done well for himself as a Doctor though tbf.

2 Likes

@Watch_The_Break was a huge fan of John Lee

Éanna Ryan had a fine game in the quarter final v Tipp in 2010. Don’t think he was ever seen or heard from again.

No rodents etc ,so a bit Ott

a footpath engineer, well holy god

Pavement Engineer

CJV–Colas Ireland

Ennis, County Clare

Fixed term

Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 10 days.

Apply now

I think Sean McDonagh is another that could join this category. He was unplayable at minor in 2019.

3 Likes

Here’s a true story from a while back. I’ve a pal who is a roooral GP from somewhere I won’t be saying. He got a phone call a couple of years back from a gard asking him to come and take blood from a lad they’d pulled for drink driving.
“I’m not on call, and I can’t come down because I’ve had a few pints”
“How many have you had?”
"“Four”
"You’ll be grand "

10 Likes

Ps this did actually happen.

To complete the circle, Niall Healy has been McDonaghs club manager for the last few years and is again this year. McDonagh is by all accounts a great sort, but not in university and hurling with a junior club means odds are now stacked against him to break through I’d say.

Keoth moon and mama cass both died in the same apartment in curzon st in london. The flat was owned by harry nillson

2 Likes

I think his size works against him too. Donal O Shea and Niland are both bigger men than him and struggle with IC physicality.

1 Like

The Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty (SALT) I and II had provisions in them that prohibited the signatories ( USA and USSR ) from building missile defense systems. The theory was that if you could defend missiles you’d be more likely to fire up a few nukes yourself. So the USA and the USSR throughout the 1970s committed to not defending themselves at all from nuclear strikes.

Ronald Reagan decided this was a load of shite when he assumed the presidency and started to develop Star Wars or Strategic Defense Initiative and began the process of running the Soviets

The person with longest recoded name in history….

Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausen - born in Bergedorf, Germany on Leap Day 29th February 1904. Died in 1997.

Surprised yanited didn’t sign him.

2 Likes

Be doing well to get printed on a jersey.

Pound a letter :slightly_smiling_face:

Jimmy Nesbitt has been “secretly living with alopecia since 2021”.

Alopecia is not a pop-star/media celebrity

Ireland has the highest life expectancy in the EU

Fuckers.