Things I learned today (Part 2)

Not really - the company pays him and then he pays PAYE.

55% is the marginal rate for self employed earning over €100,000.

At €150,000 he should be clearing about €90,000 or €7,500 per month.

Sinn Féin will consider him Uber wealthy but you take €2,500 out for a mortgage, €1,500 and €750 for a pension and you ain’t exactly living a champagne lifestyle.

How do you take money out of the company though? If you take a salary you’re taxed again after paying 25% already and dividends are taxes at capital gains.

16 Likes

I thought of that this morning. I’ll be seeing his father (a longtime pal) in the next few days and make this suggestion. I might just add that when he told me he was a contractor I asked him was he on many sites…The reply was he wasn’t, it’s all done from the small television he has in the black bag.

Oh that says I. Yeah says Scalder, he sits there fucking and blinding at it all day.
I wondered where that habit came from but wisely kept my council.

He has 3 lads who were all clever and did well for themselves but to hear him rant about them you’d get the impression they were delinquents.

2 Likes

@scumpot is no more.

Welcome @Bisto.

I preferred scumpot.

1 Like

American soldiers treated Goering as a celeb when he gave himself up to them and posed for photos

Charlie O’Leary (kitman for years) was a referee and reffed top class Irish football.

Noel Gallagher isn’t able to drive.

Shur didn’t he drive that Rolls into the swimming pool?

Huh?

1 Like

To the highest standard here in Éire

1 Like

A brutal manager. Lampardesque. What a player though. One of my favourite non Everton players of all time.

Ah he was a great bit of stuff on the field, this one always stood out

SImpler times.

Loved this one too. Iconic kit. I’d have that shirt if I were a united fan.

Look at this effortless cool btw

As opposed to this :rofl:

That does not count. He was fucking 37 and could hardly drag his arse around.

Plenty of younger Everton strikers that could hardly drag their arse around beforecand since too.

Oh don’t I know it. Brett Angell would easily qualify as the worst ever player to wear the blue.

Tipp Mid West Radio has an app cc @peddlerscross

2 Likes