Things I learned today (Part 2)

I have both Lone Justice albums on vinyl, not a huge country fan but those two albums played back to back accompmnaied by a few small ones are a great listen, You are the Light ending one album and Shelter starting the next, two classics. She did some great solo work but not sure she ever topped the best songs on these two.

The trumpet solo :muscle:

1 Like

The National Dairy Council is a marketing company owned by a collection of rich farmers & isnt a Government agency

6 Likes

By God.

I did not know that

1 Like
1 Like

Mark Hughes is the Bradford City manager.

1 Like

Nothing but a Cunt

When did Sparky shit in your shoes?

A feeling he’ll make a return to Blackburn if Tomasson leaves in the summer.

He blackguarded Richard Dunne

That Maria McKee effort belongs in Greatest live performances - #163 by myboyblue

Mark hughes played for man united. MBB is obsessed with them. The end.

Hughes is a bit of an oddball though. My old housemate had dealings with him.

Munster beat Leinster in the RaboDirectMagner’sCelticURCPro semi-final.

Incorrect. He’s a cunt who shafted Richard Dunne for that useless cunt Lescott. Andrew Cole was a united player, as was Schmeichel. Both played for City and there was no issue. Hughes is and always was a cunt however.

1 Like

If you’re earning about €150k or upwards in this country you’re paying about 55/6% in tax.
Are you also forking out PRSI/USC or those stealth penalties on top of that?
At that rate you’d only be getting a tad above €60k for your efforts which seems an utter cod.

This is a lad contracting and isn’t getting paid for holidays, bank holidays, no bonus etc.
Shur’ at that level of taxation and penalties you’d be better off as an employee somewhere on less.

It’s no wonder the exchequer is awash with money with those levels of punitive taxation.

3 Likes

Sure he’s probably running all his expenses through as well. New tractor. No tax.

SF will tell him he’s rich and needs to pay a little bit more.

If you’re contracting you can have your company paid instead of you. Which means that you’d pay corporation tax instead of PAYE. if this lad is contracting and paying PAYE then he’s doing it wrong.

6 Likes

Is that a cut & paste from the 80s Boxty?