Things that are sad

McIlroy gave an interview a few years back where he said - and this is a direct quote - “I’ve always considered myself more British than Irish.”

There was a public clamour after those comments and with public opinion in Ireland turning against him he rowed back and weaselled out of it. “It’s a complicated situation and I’m from Northern Ireland.”

Outstanding post from @Bandage earlier but he left out a very pertinent point above - McIlroy is a huge Ulster rugby fan and benefactor. Basically Windsor Park for the upper classes. Not too many lads from The Falls Road or Andersonstown Road go to Ravenhill.

It has been embarrassing to see the campaign to see him represent Ireland at the Olympics. He doesn’t want to be there, in his heart and soul.

Give me a Francie Barrett or a Gary O’Toole who doesn’t have an earthy chance of a medal over that cunt any day of the week.

5 Likes

Don’t worry DK, his current form doesn’t worry many medal wise.

1 Like

Is Jeff Hendrick not Irish-born? Thought he was a Dub?

He is and Rob Elliott isn’t

Did McIlroy not fuck away a tricolour a few years ago after winning a tournament?

@anon25556527 - McIlroy would take the queens soup 10 times out of every 10. He’s only Irish when it suits him.

@HBV - will you relax, it’s just golf, not a proper sport. ‘Full flight’, ‘majestic’ - cop yourself on. It’s like admiring a lad who can mow his lawn better than his neighbour.

3 Likes

what a clamping

Nor is Kieren Westwood, who was born in Manchester and qualifies through the Granny Rule. This @myboyblue cunt is an embarrassment.

3 Likes

@Mac , golf is a sport. It a a bona fide top level sport with exceptional skill and nerve required.
You admire for example that utterly bizarre horse ‘racing’, don’t you? where skill and nerve are not required in any way. In summary, what the fuck would a cunt like you know about it.

1 Like

Plastic paddies on the pitch, plastic hammers in the terrace. Low lie Davy Keogh says hello.

Every tool on here going to France this summer will defecate the Irish tricolour with something hilarious like ’ granagh ballingarry on tour’

A much worse crime than and an insult to the Irish state.

1 Like

A lot

:laughing:

Pull the other one, pal.

With 58-year old Bernhard Langer rocking up this week and being in position to win the tournament, it might be worth TJ Ryan calling up Joe McKenna or Leonard Enright to the Limerick squad.

Golf - a sport. :laughing:

3 Likes

Not relevant. An Irish person doesn’t fuck away a tricolour when given one

1 Like

He didn’t fuck it away, nor did he shit all over it as Irish soccer ‘fans’ do week in week out.

Hon vardy.

Some sports rely heavily on skill kid, golf is one of them.
The other end of tht spectrum there are sports who rely less on skill and more on physical strength like rubby where it’s a young mans game. Golf is beautiful. Physical strength guarantees you nothing in golf. An oaf or an imbecile cannot play golf at any reasonable level, unlike just about every other sport you could name.

4 Likes

5 Likes

It’s very sad to see so many of you have become so sad since yesterday. :disappointed:

Woah now you prick, I fired thst together in a few mins as a riposte to that other prick. So you can fuck off you prick.