Things that are sad

Devestating news @Fagan ODowd . As mentioned, it’s hard to bate a good dog. I’ve always had dogs, labradors and collies, sort of salt of the earth dogs and good with children.
As for the future I’d concur with a previous poster, grieve a while and go again. Dogs are great.:clap:

Hurl cool it’s the dog FFS. @Fagan ODowd has survived.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1127078, member: 686”]
I really need to get a dog for this house soon… I want a collie but I know twill be shot down unless I start breeding a few sheep. Might just do that.[/QUOTE]

You’d want a few sheep for him to keep busy. They have unreal energy the fuckers. We had one years ago and he had the neighbouring farmer driven demented rounding up his cattle and hunting them back out the gap he’d have only just sent them in. Pure instinct, would never have seen any dog do that. We ended up having to give him to a farmer*, where he thrived.

*In this scenario I think he actually did go to a farmer.

They have a bichon frise at home now. Lovely friendly fella but thick as a ditch.

I’ll never own a dog again. I had one dog from 6 to about 15. A terrier, the greatest dog that ever lived. He can not be replaced nor will I even try.

Smartest dogs on the planet mate. We had a 3 different Collies on the farm as I was growing up, they would know what you were thinking. One of the main reasons I would get one again actually is trying to control wild goats in our area. A huge problem on the edge of the Burren. Our dogs used to thrive on driving the cunts back to Clare.

https://www.rover.com/blog/smartest-dog-breeds/

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1127277, member: 332”]

I’ll never own a dog again. I had one dog from 6 to about 15. A terrier, the greatest dog that ever lived. He can not be replaced nor will I even try.[/QUOTE]

Bertie :clap:

My family’s dogs have always been outdoor dogs. I’ve found people who have dogs in the house generally haven’t trained them very well and treat them like babies rather than dogs.

A dog should be house broken but should sleep outside aside from old age or severe weather.

The more the breed of dog sheds the more they should be kept outside

We have had dogs at home since I can remember. The first one arrived at the house about 9 months before me. He lived until he was 15 and I was 14. I was heartbroken when he died and I make no apologies for saying it. I still dream about him.

After that we have had three dogs ranging from the placid but not overly friendly, to the initially friendly turning into vicious bastard and the current bitch who bears a lot of resemblance to the previous one. Hugely friendly to people they know but liable to bite the balls off someone they don’t which ultimately transfers to those they know after some time. My uncle wouldn’t hear of getting rid of her though.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1127306, member: 24”]We have had dogs at home since I can remember. The first one arrived at the house about 9 months before me. He lived until he was 15 and I was 14. I was heartbroken when he died and I make no apologies for saying it. I still dream about him.
[/QUOTE]
A lot of families get dogs so they can illustrate the circle of life and also death and loss to their kids. It is a good way to go about it

what do ye doggy lovers do with it when ye go off on holidays?

We put them down and get new ones when we get back. Helps keep things fresh and exciting.

Absolutely.

Give them to friends to mind. Spread the joy of a good pet. I wouldn’t hear of putting a dog into kennels. The equivalent of a prison sentence for a dog. All they are short of doing when they get out is dealing smack.

Depends on the kennel in fairness, but yeah, most aren’t the best.

The woman we sent our last dog to a couple of times insisted on making the dog a chicken sandwich before bedtime.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1127306, member: 24”]We have had dogs at home since I can remember. The first one arrived at the house about 9 months before me. He lived until he was 15 and I was 14. I was heartbroken when he died and I make no apologies for saying it. I still dream about him.

[/QUOTE]
a suicide no doubt

Christ but you are some tiresome cunt.

The ultimate keyboard warrior.

is it not a chore to find someone who wants a piece of ‘the joy’ for 2 weeks in the summer?
i know heaps of people who have this issue everytime they want to go away, no wants to mind the cunt of a thing and its another couple of hundred at least to put it into doggy camp for two weeks.
most stories here are of farmers children who fell in love with the auld lads sheepdog but those people never went on holidays anyway.

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1127329, member: 234”]is it not a chore to find someone who wants a piece of ‘the joy’ for 2 weeks in the summer?
i know heaps of people who have this issue everytime they want to go away, no wants to mind the cunt of a thing and its another couple of hundred at least to put it into doggy camp for two weeks.
most stories here are of farmers children who fell in love with the auld lads sheepdog but those people never went on holidays anyway.[/QUOTE]:smiley:

[QUOTE=“HBV*, post: 1127329, member: 234”]is it not a chore to find someone who wants a piece of ‘the joy’ for 2 weeks in the summer?
most stories here are of farmers children who fell in love with the auld lads sheepdog but those people never went on holidays anyway.[/QUOTE]
Nah. My fella was a delight and people were thrilled to have him grace their lives for a fortnight. The only downside was picking up the shite after him (none of these people had farms and so far as I can see farmers are oblivious to shite) and God be good to him but the poor aul dog could shite for Ireland.