Things That Are Wrong

Bandage reaches out to an elderly member of the community and Rocko derides him for it.

The content of the conversation in this instance is not important, it’s the fact the Bandage cared enough to listen and chat with him for a few minutes that should be applauded.

Bandage gets derided for not interacting with human beings and then he gets ridiculed by Rocko for trying. Very unfair.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 745901, member: 181”]Bandage reaches out to an elderly member of the community and Rocko derides him for it.

The content of the conversation in this instance is not important, it’s the fact the Bandage cared enough to listen and chat with him for a few minutes that should be applauded.[/quote]

+1. Ultan is an elderly customer of the 51 whose wife passed away many years ago. They had no children and he lives alone. A lovely man - he lived in Wolverhampton for many years and followed them home and away back in the days of the great Billy Wright in the 1960s when they won the old English League First Division. I regularly chat to him to see how he’s getting on and, recalling that he told me before he enjoys the buzz around the area when there’s football and rugby football internationals on, I merely asked him if he was looking forward to the game tomorrow. This does not alter my own view on the activity and I’m appalled at Rocko’s insinuations. In fact, I’m thinking about resigning from the forum.

Poor Ultan, having to put up with that sham of a Mick McCarthy as manager of his beloved Wolverhamptons.

ultan has never gotten over losing to Tipp in the All Ireland football final back in the day:(

Jesus h christ!

The cunts who petrol bombed the retired jockey Ken Whelan’s pub last night, The Watermill in Thurles. A window was apparently broken and 2 petrol bombs fired into the pub, which he is running in partnership with another Cashel man. Luckily no one was injured in the attack.

I presume this was an unprovoked attack?

I’m looking firmly in the direction of the anti-horsey brigade here

I was thinking travellers myself, but I see your point and am not willing to comment further.

I was thinking of some disgruntled horses could be responsible.

I would say its hardly anti horsey stuff. Maybe disgruntled punters who were turfed out? The place is doing really well so who knows.

Cunts who don’t place a bet all year round and then once a year - on Cheltenham week - crawl out of the woodwork harassing you for tips, expecting you provide them with multiple winners at will. Then if the inevitable happens and what you tipped loses they get pissed off and pass snide little comments after losing a tenner. Fuck off.

Any tips dodgy?

Where in the town is that pub?

Poor auld Ken. :frowning:

Just before the junction of the square coming into Thurles from Cashel direction. Same street as Lar Na Pairce shop.

I didn’t know he had that place. I must call in there for a pint.
Was there much damage done?

[quote=“The Runt, post: 746267, member: 181”]I didn’t know he had that place. I must call in there for a pint.
Was there much damage done?[/quote]

Himself and a former manager of The Brian Boru Bar in Cashel took it over just before Christmas.
Not sure how much damage lad, but the Fire Brigade were there till 7.00 am this morning so it must be bad enough. Ken is as sound a lad as you can meet so i can’t understand the motive for this tbh.

What the fuck!

An Allianz banner on the bottom of the screen for the match in Derry.

That’s fucking ridiculous. A permanent banner.