Things That Are Wrong

I paid €2.30 for the Weekend edition in Milton Malbay four weeks ago. A princely sum which I didn’t mind paying as I was delightfully addressed as Gaelige by the shopkeeper. It was delightfully quaint.
Last time I bought it during the week was in UCD where it’s 80c. Not sure of the regular price but hey, maybe with my mild reforms we could get the price down to €1.50 for the weekday edition. A price worth paying, imo.

Your man who murdered Nicola Furlong only getting 5 to 10 years.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 749808, member: 129”]I paid €2.30 for the Weekend edition in Milton Malbay four weeks ago. A princely sum which I didn’t mind paying as I was delightfully addressed as Gaelige by the shopkeeper. It was delightfully quaint.
Last time I bought it during the week was in UCD where it’s 80c. Not sure of the regular price but hey, maybe with my mild reforms we could get the price down to €1.50 for the weekday edition. A price worth paying, imo.[/quote]

a west brit rag that actively encourages Irish men to kill in the name of Britain

the price would be higher if it wasn’t been subsidized by HMS military forces

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/03/19/17/44/huge-croc-shot-dead-in-nt

A minor under Japanese law even though he’s 19.

The exploitation of that girl’s family has been dreadful. They’ve given interviews every day but a bit of discretion on the part of interviewers wouldn’t hurt. Instead we get headlines about the death penalty from her sister and shock at the sentence imposed which was the expected outcome.

The lad on RTE this morning said to the dad “and a final word from you Mr Furlong?” which pretty much meant “any chance of a soundbite before you disappear off the airwaves?”

People who can’t punch or staple properly and neatly.

I presume the travel bit is at least self-funding through ads from travel agencies though?

was he not underage when he committed the offence?

Think he was 19 at the time of the offence. 20 is the cutoff in Japan.

Maybe. But they still have someone who answer’s readers’ idiotic queries (lazy cunts too dumb to look up stuff on the internet themselves), columnists like Manchan Mangan or whatever the fuck his name is, and someone doing walks/trails in Ireland. Which is a nice feature but all that shit is available elsewhere for nothing. My main point being is to rid the paper of stuff we can see elsewhere and stick to news, feature writing, sports, culture and a few other things. Fuck half of the syndicated bits in the bin too. Remember Charles Krauthammer. If they paid money to publish his right wing schtick then it was a total waste. That sort of yoke.

If anyone from the IT is reading this, I’m available to start from Monday. I’ll bring in more puns. There’s no clear pun policy on headlines. None at all. Sometimes the headline features a pun. More often not. No wonder the title is in the doldrums.

Young people (generally on tv programmes such as Frontline etc) who say “I’m a young person and…” Fuck off.

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 749837, member: 80”]a west brit rag that actively encourages Irish men to kill in the name of Britain

the price would be higher if it wasn’t been subsidized by HMS military forces[/quote]

It has been a nest for British spies for a hundred years and should be viewed accordingly.

Emma Louise

Middle-Aged men tweeting about Home&Away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzO1UD5orHs

It’s the shake of her head that gets me.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 749239, member: 1”]As bad as the Irish Independent’s website relaunch was, I think the Irish Times have trumped it in the last couple of weeks.

They have inexplicably tried to match the images at the expense of content strategy that the Indo copied from the Daily Mail. Have they no
appreciation of how they had any readership in the first place? And I find it truly appalling how the header logo changes when you navigate away from the front page. You can’t even see what the main story is. Dreadful stuff.[/quote]
A big +1

It seems the reasoning is to up the number of page views to get more advertising money, by splitting articles over 3 pages and the like. It’s horrible. I liked the old site. Would you not offer some freelance consulting advice on successfully upgrading websites to these newspapers rocko?

A 33 year old work colleague before tucking into his $7 subway lunch: “Its unusual for me to get the go ahead from the other half to buy lunch on a Wednesday. Usually I’m only allowed buy lunch for myself every second Friday”

I hope TASE enjoyed it though.