Things That Are Wrong

Lads in the gym wearing tops that are clearly 2 sizes to small for them so that they look bigger.:slight_smile: these are usually lads that play rugby.

Mind-boggling figures. Duffy and that cunt O’Connor. Fuck’s sake.

Not as if the cunts could earn it somewhere else.

Joe is worth every penny. He is as good a broadcaster as there is.

The real scandal is Finucane.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 752885, member: 706”]Joe is worth every penny. He is as good a broadcaster as there is.

The real scandal is Finucane.[/quote]

Yeah she is a real chancer

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 752885, member: 706”]Joe is worth every penny. He is as good a broadcaster as there is.

.[/quote]

He’s not though. If he has an opinion one way he’s incapable of chairing a competent debate due to his own prejudices.

The lad from the Rubberbandits ran rings around him when Horse Outside was at its’ giddy heights (pun intended).

I like Finucane as a broadcaster I must say. I don’t think she is worth 400 grand or whatever she is getting though.

She only works two days a week ffs

4 hours. but there are endless hours of research needed in advance.

2k an hour it work out at,ching ching

Yes but if RTE didn’t pay her that then the BBC or Sky would snap her up and RTE would lose all the revenue she brings in. Same for Tubbers and Kenny.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 752870, member: 180”][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]The annual list of RTE’s top earners is out and The Late Late Show host was the Montrose money man in 2011.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]The top 20 earners for 2011 have been published, along with what their contracts are worth for 2012, with big reductions all round.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]Top of the heap is Ryan Tubridy and as he hosts the biggest show on the TV station, plus a daily radio gig, we expected him to to lead the way. In 2011 he earned €732,000, up 12 per cent on his 2010 wedge. But in line with others, his new deal is way down, with €495k heading his way in 2012, a drop of 31 per cent.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]Second on the list is Pat Kenny, who pocketed €630,000 while Mariane Finucane scooped €492,000 in 2011. She will be down to €295,000 from last year for her two shows a week.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]Liveline’s Joe Duffy earned €378,000 in 2011, and €300,000 in 2012. Miriam O’Callaghan received €307,000 in 2011 while Saturday Night Show host Brendan O’Connor was paid €228,500 in 2011.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Decent chopping of salaries all the same.

Exactly. The market dictates these salaries. RTÉ’s competitors are just waiting to pounce to snap up these fine broadcasters. Competitors such as, um, hmmm…

My understanding is that all of the TV3 and Newstalk presenters are on about €15k per year plus free tea and coffee in the canteen so RTE can’t be too savage with their cuts-fierce competition out there.

Vincent Browne gets 40k a year

:eek:

I recall Pat Kenny comparing himself to Manchester United when defending his salary a few years back.

Please expand on this Bandage. Any links etc?

That’s definitely not true.

Why not?