Things That Are Wrong

Id imagine anything Vinb is making is going to paying off his debts…

If it is he’s an awful fool. Sure there’s lads in local papers earning near that. Where’d you hear it?

He said it himself on the show one night.

He was giving grief to a TD about his pay and the clever TD replied to him “Why do I have to discuss my salary, Why don’t you tell us about your salary? Tell us what TV3 are paying you”
Vincent replied “I get 40,000* a year”

THe politican was left looking like an awful fool.

*It may have been 45,000

[quote=“The Runt, post: 753182, member: 181”]He said it himself on the show one night.

He was giving grief to a TD about his pay and the clever TD replied to him “Why do I have to discuss my salary, Why don’t you tell us about your salary? Tell us what TV3 are paying you”
Vincent replied “I get 40,000* a year”

THe politican was left looking like an awful fool.

*It may have been 45,000[/quote]

That must be after paying off his debts or something. He couldn’t be getting that for fronting a programme on a national tv station almost every night of the week in fairness. If he is he’d want to sack his agent.

Haven’t searched for any links but they’re probably out there if you search for them. As far as I recall, he was defending his salary in saying that the ratings showed his radio / TV shows were listened to / watched in huge numbers and, as such, while the salary level appeared high, it needed to be viewed in this context and that he was effectively top of the league like Manchester United. People would be expected to pay more money for a Manchester United ticket than for an inferior team’s ticket etc. I think it was Eamonn Sweeney in the Sindo that did a funny piece the following weekend saying that Pat wasn’t like Manchester United, he was more like Bohemians or Shamrock Rovers but he was getting paid the same kind of salary as Jonathan Ross etc who could more easily be compared to Manchester United in terms of the size of the market they were operating in.

Pat Kenny is a highly skilled broadcaster, probably the most accomplished broadcaster in the country in fact. There is a severe shortage of people who could step into his role and to it to the same ability, there are probably none in fact. He is entitled to the high economic rent he receives in return.

It’s not like an unskilled job like, say, anything in financial services, where any idiot, or indeed primate, such as a monkey, could step in and do the job to at least an equal and most likely higher level of competence.

There was a lad standing near the exit of the west stand in Lansdowne Road on Tuesday night with a sign saying “I collect match tickets please” or something. I think he had a small bucket with him. A fucking heap of people were giving him their tickets. Since when did people stop keeping ticket collections? I even keep cinema tickets if it was a particularly good flick.
Is it just me?

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 753316, member: 129”]There was a lad standing near the exit of the west stand in Lansdowne Road on Tuesday night with a sign saying “I collect match tickets please” or something. I think he had a small bucket with him. A fucking heap of people were giving him their tickets. Since when did people stop keeping ticket collections? I even keep cinema tickets if it was a particularly good flick.
Is it just me?[/quote]
I managed to lose all my tickets last time I moved house. Haven’t had the heart to start again.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 753316, member: 129”]There was a lad standing near the exit of the west stand in Lansdowne Road on Tuesday night with a sign saying “I collect match tickets please” or something. I think he had a small bucket with him. A fucking heap of people were giving him their tickets. Since when did people stop keeping ticket collections? I even keep cinema tickets if it was a particularly good flick.
Is it just me?[/quote]

Ticket stubs & Match Programmes. I am a cunt for hoarding them.

Ticket stubs, match programmes and race cards. I also used to collect my losing betting slips when they were proper pieces of cardboard and you had to scribble down the price you got on the back.

The price of Crisps.

I felt peckish on my way home today so I pulled in to a service station to get a packet or two of crisps. I had €1.60 change in my pocket which I presumed would be more than sufficient to buy a packet of Rancheros and a packet of BBQ Hula Hoops. I nearly grabbed the robbing bastard behind the counter by the throat when he asked me for €1.64. I had to break a €50 note to make the purchase… On reflection, I should have fucked them on the floor and walked out. When did these fucking things exceed the 70 cents barrier?

2 euro for a pint of black currant mi wadi while I was getting a toasted sandwich in a pub in south dublin

[quote=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 753574, member: 1168”]The price of Crisps.

I felt peckish on my way home today so I pulled in to a service station to get a packet or two of crisps. I had €1.60 change in my pocket which I presumed would be more than sufficient to buy a packet of Rancheros and a packet of BBQ Hula Hoops. I nearly grabbed the robbing bastard behind the counter by the throat when he asked me for €1.64. I had to break a €50 note to make the purchase… On reflection, I should have fucked them on the floor and walked out. When did these fucking things exceed the 70 cents barrier?[/quote]

+1 Jimmy.

Pulled into a shop on the way home today for the same reason, a packet of McCoys. The guts of a €1 per bag! Picked up a 15 pack for €3 in the end, smaller bags but 15 of them.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 753600, member: 1517”]+1 Jimmy.

Pulled into a shop on the way home today for the same reason, a packet of McCoys. The guts of a €1 per bag! Picked up a 15 pack for €3 in the end, smaller bags but 15 of them.[/quote]
It’s fucking scandalous alright. Don’t be fooled by them jumbo packs either, not only are the crisp bags smaller, but their usually only half full as well. As a matter of interest, roughly what would a man pay for a bar of chocolate these days? I’d say I haven’t bought one since I was twelve.

Not sure either tbh, but i was horrified at the price of a Magnum ice cream recently. €2.20 if you don’t fucking mind.

I think a Dairy Milk is €1.05

Thanks Runt, it’s at times like this I am thankful for my lack of taste of all things chocolatey.

1.20 or so in Dublin City centre.

If that’s what they cost on O Connell Street and Henry Street, then I dread to think of what they cost in Temple Bar or on Grafton Street!

Haven’t you dopes learned anything over the past few years?? Turfcutter, being a rustic like myself, loads up around 07.30 with a few bowls of porridge and carries on till 11.00sh.
Bags of crisps, bars of chocolate and assorted shit are no substitute for real food (the breakfast roll might suffice) but as in a motor, grease keeps the wheels turning…